Huddleston Swimbatis

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Anybody else use them? Caught my first on one last night. 6.4lbs. My son bought one and hung it up and lost it then bought another. When the pond dropped a little more than a foot he pulled the log out and recovered his lure now we have two. I probably casted 100 times with no hits. If you can tolerate not catching as many you might be pleasantly surprised when you do hook one. He caught a five pounder on his the same day. Had to go out today to buy a MH rod in order to cast it. Not easy fishing with a $25 lure.
IMG_4232.JPG-1.jpg

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
the big swimbaits catch biguns. the little swimbaits catch biguns.they are a fine tool.

none of my business snakeskinner; but if you are using it at night you might want to throw it on braid. It'll help ease the pain of throwing the g=high dollar baits. That is a nice one for your first.

Eggman, there are around 1.7 milion you tube videos on the huddleston and other swimbaits in action. :)

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
We were using braid but Josh hung his on a log a month ago and he said it felt like a fish and he set the hook hard and snapped the braid off at the knot. Since then I have also lost many nice fish from setting the hook too hard and snapped them off at the knot. I guess we could do better at knots but instead we switched to flourocarbon. We just felt that the braid had no stretch and we just snapped it even when we had good rods. I still use braid on some of my rods but have to remember to not be so crazy with the hook sets.
Huddleston68T-2T.jpg

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Some knots will slip with braid. I always use a Palomar knot and have never had an issue.

Last edited:

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
For some reason I cant spend 20 to 25$ on a swim bait.

I'm with you on that. My son bought them before I could stop him and besides, he is 21 and used his own money. So, out of two baits we have caught one fish each. Did I get $25 worth of fun outa my fish? IDK, it sure was fun.
I manage a swimming pool and my son has used it in the pool before it was open. I've never seen a bait with such realistic action. Here is a youtube video. Kinda makes me want to make a video using the go pro underwater but I would follow it.
[video=youtube;cJ5fiY0l-io]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ5fiY0l-io[/video]

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
UPDATE, I used it again last night and hooked a very large fish. Because I had broken so many off with braid I was a little timid about setting the hook and thought I would just give it some firm pressure. It tossed the lure on it's first jump. :(