Oh Hell Naw.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was just sitting in the carport, replying to another thread, and a d*** skunk came cruising over the wall. Uh uh! Not today! I high stepped it back into the house. Talk about making your butt pucker.

Last edited:

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Those things suck!

Well in college one of my roommates dog got hit with one. The dog flipped out and ran in the house and rolled on all the couches. Made for a good furniture burning party though.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm telling yal, I ain't never. I about brought the chair in with me. "Look ma, no hands." Lol. If it were an Olympic sport, I'd be on a Wheaties box tomorrow.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Those things suck!

Well in college one of my roommates dog got hit with one. The dog flipped out and ran in the house and rolled on all the couches. Made for a good furniture burning party though.
Happened to my boss' neighbor. Their boxer dog got hit with one and did the same thing.

They ended up filing an insurance claim, it was 5 figures to fix; they had to get the disaster recovery people in the same as if they had a fire.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My dog has gotten hit twice since moving to the piedmont. I almost got hit twice coming home from work on my bike. Anyway to get rid of them?

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My dog has gotten hit twice since moving to the piedmont. I almost got hit twice coming home from work on my bike. Anyway to get rid of them?
Move to Alaska, I don't think they have many there. If you are in a place that is conducive to grubs in the soil you have a skunk magnet.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Glad you got out of there!

When I was a kid we had a terrier that got into it with one in the fenced in yard. We let it back in the house and the smell was sooooo darn strong that it didn't smell like skunk. We thought it was a natural gas leak. We evacuated. We called the gas co and the guy was perplexed because he smelled it as gas too but there was no leak. Mean while me and the dog went into the camper and it curled up next to me and went back to sleep. We both stunk of skunk for days. We both bathed in tomato juice (separately of course cause that would be weird) but still had the smell underlying for a while.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Reading your encounters, I'm even more happy that I made it in without getting sprayed. I haven't moved that fast in a while.