looking to get a new climber for bow hunting

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Which climber do you like to use for bow hunting? I've always heard good things about the Sumit Viper. I've looked at the Lone Wolf stands, yeah they are light weight but they make up for it in price. What do you like to use? We will be using ladder stands and blinds on our lease but doing a couple of public land bow hunts and want a good portable climber.

Doc

Twelve Pointer
Which climber do you like to use for bow hunting? I've always heard good things about the Sumit Viper. I've looked at the Lone Wolf stands, yeah they are light weight but they make up for it in price. What do you like to use? We will be using ladder stands and blinds on our lease but doing a couple of public land bow hunts and want a good portable climber.

i have both, and bow hunt out of both on public. Viper is good, but can be tough to shoot over the bar sitting down. Hard to beat the comfort of a viper. Not too heavy, but a fairly big footprint when carrying on your back through thick areas.

Lone wolf sit n climb packs up like a dream. Folds flat, which makes it super easy to carry. A little more difficult to to climb with than the viper. Not quite as comfortable, in my opinion... but i have modified mine to use the summit sling seat with it... also, really easy to shoot while sitting down...

Viper is dead quiet when climbing... that cast aluminum makes zero noise while climbing...

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I bought a Guide Gear climber from Sportsmans guide. It's about 30lbs, but it was only $89 and feels very sturdy, and surprisingly didn't make a lot of noise while climbing

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Look at the Olman aluminum. Or Summit Titan/Goliath. Extra room is always a plus. I like Olman because it comes with 2 railings, one is either a foot rest or gun rest and the other is a straight bar. I bow hunt so I like to set it as foot rest for extra room.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Look at the Olman aluminum. Or Summit Titan/Goliath. Extra room is always a plus. I like Olman because it comes with 2 railings, one is either a foot rest or gun rest and the other is a straight bar. I bow hunt so I like to set it as foot rest for extra room.

Sounds like this maybe better suited for me. I'm about 6' 260...any extra room won't be waisted.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
i have both, and bow hunt out of both on public. Viper is good, but can be tough to shoot over the bar sitting down. Hard to beat the comfort of a viper. Not too heavy, but a fairly big footprint when carrying on your back through thick areas.

Lone wolf sit n climb packs up like a dream. Folds flat, which makes it super easy to carry. A little more difficult to to climb with than the viper. Not quite as comfortable, in my opinion... but i have modified mine to use the summit sling seat with it... also, really easy to shoot while sitting down...

Viper is dead quiet when climbing... that cast aluminum makes zero noise while climbing...

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I've got a summit openshot, it's light as a feather I love it, not for the inexperienced though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kingsize

Four Pointer
I have a lone wolf assault and really like it for its simplicity. It's small and light so I don't mind a longer walk into the woods. It's not as comfortable as the summit I used to have but is much less bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
I have a lone wolf and love it for bow hunting. Dont use it for rifle just because it has no shooting rail. I find it much easier to shoot out of than my API and you can shoot sitting down which is a big plus when they sneak in on you.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Can't go wrong with a summit whether its a viper or goliath. I have the viper and absolutely love it.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've been using a summit open shot to bowhunt for 8 years. Got it for $75 used from a guy who hated it.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Can't go wrong with a summit whether its a viper or goliath. I have the viper and absolutely love it.

Yep I have add several summits. All have been good even the old steel ones.

Plan to get another summit, the biggest they make. The titan I think they call it.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone looking for a "openshot" top to trade for a top with the attached rail? I can hook you up. I have a Cobra XL top(basically just like the Open Shot) and I don't like it. It's practically new.

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
I have 2 summit viper's. Older one, little heavier noisier and bulkier. But comfortable and climbs well. Bought a newer summit viper beginning of last season. Wanted something lighter and quieter. It was the right choice. Couldn't justify the price of the lone wolf, plus i want/need a rail on any tree stand. Makes me feel safer