CVA optima v2

Tarheeler

Twelve Pointer
Gonna get me a optima v2 and have some powerbelts left over, didnt know if anyone had already had one with a powder and bullet load that works weel with it. Thought id try 100grains with a 295g powerbelts

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
I think you'll love your optima,I shoot 110 gr blackhorn 209 and a hornady mono-flex all copper 250 gr bullet.

Last edited:

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
In my CVA Accura V2, I shoot 110 gr Blackhorn 209, Barnes 250 gr TEZ bullet and Fiocchi 209 primers. If you opted for Blackhorn 209 powder, there is a breech plug made especially for this powder.

What's the opinions on this rifle ? Been researching them and think it is what I'm gonna go with. What kind of groups etc ?

Brink15

Four Pointer
Its an awesome rifle. I shoot the Accura V2 as well with 120 grain blackhorn 209, hornady ssts, and cci primers. This year im switching to Barnes TEZ not for accuracy but for better expansion downrange. But for the price, this rifle with these combinations are as good as it gets in muzzle loading. Personally the key for me was making the switch from pellets to blackhorn. Its accurate enough where I would feel really comfortable shooting 200 yards.

Last edited:

Brink15

Four Pointer
With Blackhorn 209 and the Hornady SSTs I would shoot about 1 moa. At least as accurate as my 308 at 100 yrds

Last edited:
I got the same rifle on clearance after the season last year, couldn't pass it up. Got the nitride version and sprung for the bh209 breech plug as I prefer loose powder to pellets. Will be at the shooting property here in a few weeks and will test extensively. Have been shooting the .430 xtp in the MMP green sabot over 777 in my sidelock (not really trad, I know I know) with decent results. We'll see how that does and will probably test some .452 sabots and maybe some bh209. I'll try to remember to post the results here...

ddavenport

Six Pointer
Contributor
I have an Optima and an Accura and like them both. Shoot the Barnes 250g TEZ bullet and two 50g White Hot pellets in both. About 1 inch groups at 100 yds.

Tarheeler

Twelve Pointer
Got the package put together
d5f4fc75309299b7949ee66e12cc92bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Its a great gun, I love mine and i use the barnes 250gTEZ and blackhorn as well,,the gun loves that combo (mine does at least).good luck

brucesmith0817

Six Pointer
I shoot the CVA optima two 50 gr pellets triple 7 an TC 240 gr hollow pt bullets black wad,used to shoot power belts but wasn't satisfied with the way they performed.Its hard to beat the 240 gr pistol bullet

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Fool for fall

Button Buck
Go get some blackhorn 209 after I made the switch from 777 to blackhorn I gave all my 777 away it's really that much better way cleaner and my groups tightened up

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
How do you measure it,volume or weight.I just sighted in new wolf with 777 and powerbelts, and black was pistol bullets,I bore sighted and first shot was dead on,shot a few more just to make sure,nothing like a new gun.

bowhnter88

Six Pointer
I have this gun, I shoot 150 grains of the 777 pellets (3 pellets) and a Hornady sst 250 grain I believe, deadly combination!! Shot a buck in ohio a couple years back with it at probably 70 to 80 yards and it looked like someone dumped a bucket of red paint all over the woods, he ran maybe 30 yards and was dead. If I'm not mistaken, that grain of powder is what was recommended in the owners manual.