Swimming Pools...Who Has One? seeking info

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'm unconcerned about limiting the number of people who would buy my house. I'm tired of people who say don't paint your room this color because people won't buy your house, don't put in granite in the kitchen because people want quartz now, put in white kitchen cabinets because everyone wants them and so on. I'm here on Planet Earth for a short time so I'm going to enjoy my time while I'm here. I'm not going to design my house for the next buyer.

Give this man a "haarumph"!

Concur

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Yep, only your taste is what matters! Hope you never "Have to sell" your house. Times change and things happens.

I'll make whatever adjustments I need at the time of sale based on the advice of my realtor. I've been in my house 19 years now and have enjoyed my pool for 11 years now. I could have not installed my pool out of concern limiting future buyers but then I would just have degraded my lifestyle for the last 11 years.

I'm also not that concerned about turning off future buyers. I did one upgrade that nobody else did in the neighborhood - I bricked all four sides of my house. An all brick house is rare in my area.