Heat Cometh.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Weather folks here are calling for a few brutal days.

Earlier in the week they were talking about possible 5 days above 100, but they've backed off of that a little bit.

Good time to try out some of my new stuff. Got 2 64 OZ Artica Growlers that I put Ice cubes and cold water into on a hot day, replenish with more bottles of cold water, and still had ice cubes in it 24 hours later. Impressive!

Got some new coolers for the inseam of hard hats I'll try out, neck coolers etc.

I may look crazy on the jobsite, but folks will be jealous ;). No AC, top floor of a high rise, no air movement at all. It's as close to working in an attic as I have experienced in 20 years. We've actually been going outside to cool off lol.

Folks working outside I worry about. Without shade, imho, the outdoor heat and sunshine takes much more of a toll on people than us folks working inside of a hot indoor building.

Be safe y'all.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My fat butt is not excited about the "engagement" party I have to attend outdoors Sat eve at 5 pm......I may fake a heat stroke and bail early!!!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
My fat butt is not excited about the "engagement" party I have to attend outdoors Sat eve at 5 pm......I may fake a heat stroke and bail early!!!

If you're anywhere close to my size, bring 4 or 5 of the SAME exact shirts, and change every half hour or so.

Who does that in Mid July?!?!??!

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Weather folks here are calling for a few brutal days.

Earlier in the week they were talking about possible 5 days above 100, but they've backed off of that a little bit.

Good time to try out some of my new stuff. Got 2 64 OZ Artica Growlers that I put Ice cubes and cold water into on a hot day, replenish with more bottles of cold water, and still had ice cubes in it 24 hours later. Impressive!

Got some new coolers for the inseam of hard hats I'll try out, neck coolers etc.

I may look crazy on the jobsite, but folks will be jealous ;). No AC, top floor of a high rise, no air movement at all. It's as close to working in an attic as I have experienced in 20 years. We've actually been going outside to cool off lol.

Folks working outside I worry about. Without shade, imho, the outdoor heat and sunshine takes much more of a toll on people than us folks working inside of a hot indoor building.

Be safe y'all.

Link to a hard hat cooler? Dang power plant gets awfully hot at times too.

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I got these (weak). Don't bother
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U0BWN...t=&hvlocphy=9009739&hvtargid=pla-312490330548

These (much better, and a very "cool" website!
http://www.mycoolingstore.com/hyperkewl-evaporative-cooling-crown-cooler.html

And 2 of these
https://www.viatekproducts.com/coll...tainless-steel-double-walled-vacuum-insulated

Trying to decide if the hard hat cooling fan would be worth it. I'm sure by Friday, I'll be cursing myself for debating it. Vented, fanned hard hats will probbaly be all the rage 5 years from now.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I got these (weak). Don't bother
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U0BWN...t=&hvlocphy=9009739&hvtargid=pla-312490330548

These (much better, and a very "cool" website!
http://www.mycoolingstore.com/hyperkewl-evaporative-cooling-crown-cooler.html

And 2 of these
https://www.viatekproducts.com/coll...tainless-steel-double-walled-vacuum-insulated

Trying to decide if the hard hat cooling fan would be worth it. I'm sure by Friday, I'll be cursing myself for debating it. Vented, fanned hard hats will probbaly be all the rage 5 years from now.

I think "cooling" related clothing will become a big thing in minor and professional sports in the future also. Whether it works or not.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Is the green the one that makes things feel like its on fire?

Yes!!! Well, not at first. It's a quick progression from soothing,....... to tingling,..... to OMG!!! I gotta get get this off of me right now!!!

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Im working this weekend I usually dont have to go outside much anymore though.
When I worked outside I used a hard hat liner like the crown cooler one in NCST8's link....it worked pretty good.

sent from...... Tapatalk

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Is summertime...sposed to be hot;) The first 3-4 days in the 90's(late May/early June)are the worst...at this point I'm used to it. Just another day.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We've got about 40 acres of hay mowed down. Hopefully by Sunday we will have close to 4000 bales up. Got to stock up on water!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JakeH

Four Pointer
I'm going to do my best to get what little bit of work I have to do on our farm done by noon, or else this fat boy is gonna roast!

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I'm in Nevada right now. I 00+ and not a tree anywhere to be found.... but like my oven it's a dry heat. I do like how it cools down at night..
May have to look at the hard hat coolere

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I have been talking with my wife and its crazy that it is cooler here in Gainesville the last few days then it has been there. its humid here, but actually has not felt to bad to me.

witler

Eight Pointer
If you're anywhere close to my size, bring 4 or 5 of the SAME exact shirts, and change every half hour or so.

Who does that in Mid July?!?!??!

There is dumb and dumber, I'll be the dumber. We had an outside wedding in August, 98 degrees. Fortunately that was the only hot day of our marriage, all in all it was worth it. And yes bring more than one shirt.

23mako

Ten Pointer
I will be doing a youtube comparison on the YETI bucket and Sherwin Williams paint bucket to see which one keeps ice longer!!!! STAY TUNED! :cool:

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If I recall correctly, I've been voluntold that I was running the fire pit at VBS for the smores on Saturday.

Last edited:

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I put a big tray of dirt out for the quail at lunch. They went nuts taking dust baths to try and cool off. A few have layed eggs in the water the past couple days. I guess they have been chilling in the water. I just about died spending 15 minutes outside at lunch.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I know exactly what you mean. That was a horrible mistake!

Dude, After reading a thread on THIS forum about the green bottle of Goldmans!!! About a year ago. The same night, the wife asked if I needed anythign from CVS or whereever. I texted back, YEAH, get me the GREEN bottle of Golmans. She texted back, Sale if you buy 2. I said Get em!!!!.

2 hours later, someone on the same thread posted "the green bottle gets "TINGLY" ".

Little did I know :mad:.

It has taken 6 months to get through those 2 bottles (wife would pick them out of the trash when I threw them out because I "MADE" her buy them) :mad:

It's similar to making a mitake when applying Flexall 454 :eek:

Last edited:

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Dude, After reading a thread on THIS forum about the green bottle of Goldmans!!! About a year ago. The same night, the wife asked if I needed anythign from CVS or whereever. I texted back, YEAH, get me the GREEN bottle of Golmans. She texted back, Sale if you buy 2. I said Get em!!!!.

2 hours later, someone on the same thread posted "the green bottle gets "TINGLY" ".

Little did I know :mad:.

It has taken 6 months to get through those 2 bottles (wife would pick them out of the trash when I threw them out because I "MADE" her buy them) :mad:

It's similar to making a mitake when applying Flexall 454 :eek:

Here ya go NCST8GUY. Give this a try
99ee5c034c8b46da8b868679368112ad.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I had to have a talk with a buddy for leaving a tube, on top of probably $300K worth of servers, his tube of "monkey butt rub" lol.

Most of use it (or something battling the same symptoms), but I see NO REASON to advertise it lol.

Or maybe bringing it out into the open is something that should be celebrated? Maybe we all need our own flag?

Last edited:

gameland

Twelve Pointer
I don't use it just seen it on Facebook and thought it would fit in this thread. I have used the green bottle one time years ago but will never use it again. Thought you may find it humorous but it sounds like maybe your a little "chaffed" right now.😁

Last edited: