Follow up to the thread, "Say What??"

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
As last I left you I couldn't get a response from Cabarrus County Animal Control so I contacted the County Sheriff (Brad Riley) through his email address on the Sheriff's website.

He was very quick with his response and had a Lieutenant call me within an hour to get the requirements straight. Come to find out I don't need a NCWRC permit as stated on the website I went to and the hours of operation were clarified.

Now for the kicker, the good Sheriff emailed (within 3 hours) and asked where I had gotten the erroneous information so I sent him the link I used to access the Animal Control site (NOT the link from his page) Through several ensuing emails we managed to figure out that there was more than one Animal Control website and that the one I had entered was through my search engine, Bing, and contained bad information being disseminated to the public. He was adamant that the Bing site would be immediately taken down since it had NOT been authorized by his department. (all within a 4 hour span of time)

Throughout then entire encounter (about a 6 hour timeframe) the Sheriff was very prompt with responses and was more than curious where the bad info came from and committed to taking the Bing site down to alleviate future issues. All in all a VERY positive interaction with an elected official that seems to be honestly interested in solving a problem, how refreshing!!

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You got involved, how rare and refreshing. Folks wonder why "things" don't get done, this is exactly why...so few people are doing what you did, get involved and try to change things for the better. They'd(and I include myself at times)rather sit by and wait until "someone else" does something about it.

KUDO's to you !

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good news. You have to wonder just exactly who was behind that site you originally were directed to from Bing. I have my ideas.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Good news. You have to wonder just exactly who was behind that site you originally were directed to from Bing. I have my ideas.

Not knowing exactly how all the internet things work, I don't have a clue, but he seemed quite put out by another site giving false information about one of his operations. He did allude that Bing was their provider, originator several years ago but they were supposed to delete any and all info after the contract was cancelled.
As for the voting part, I know he's a Democrat but he's always been good for Cabarrus County. He was one of the first sheriffs to streamline the concealed carry permit process and he seems to run a fair and efficient operation. No dirt has ever surfaced about him so what more can we really ask for??

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds about right. Brad is a great guy.

He is one of the few Democrats I have crossed the isle to vote for.

I've never paid much attention to party on the local level. I mean, what difference does it make if the Sheriff or some of these other non-policy making positions are in one party or another.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sheriff Riley's party affiliation is an interesting story. He is a great sheriff for Cabarrus County, he is respected by his deputies and does a great job for the citizens.