BOOM! Massive Blue Caught

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
The 12' Jon strikes again. Made a trip to one of My 2 favorite Cat rivers yesterday. the action was slow but it seems like every time I catch a big un it is on a day it is slow. Got to teach the wife how to net as that was a fiasco . The grabbers were not in reach so I finally just put my hand in her mouth and drug her aboard.

Fish was caught on my lightest outfit with me. Shimano 6500 baitrunner on a 7 ft tiger rod. Funny thing is this reel(have 2 spools) has CHEAP 25lb line on it. I was at Jennet's Pier 2 years ago and it got spooled by a big Ray or shark. I didn't bring any backup spools so I had to buy line in the pier shop. They only sell Cheap Shur Strike line at something like 2.99 a spool but this line has held up to several big cats and 5 Bull Reds.

I didn't have any cutbait and didn't buy Goldfish this time so my bait was big nightcrawlers. 2 each on a hook and sprayed with Garlic Juice.

An awesome day on the river with my wife and when we stopped for some eats at midnight I couldn't help but notice this 1970 cuda beside my truck.

DSCF4095.jpgDSCF4103.jpg

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats on the Cat but I had rather have the Cuda..

you got that right. That Cuda actually made the trip sooooooooooo much better. That seriously was the cleanest nicest old Mucslecar I have seen in ages. I would give my left &*^ for that car.

redbow

Ten Pointer
Nice fish man. Its funny though, you can tell you have a YouTube channel just from the over dramatic title. Like fish, you gotta get us to bite. Nice job.