Perennial peanuts???

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone ever tried these in a food plot?? Part of me wants to just do the "KISS" method and keep it simple, but part of me also wants to try something different. We tried sun hemp and forage beans this year but the deer never gave either a chance. Only thing left in plot is the dwarf milo we planted with it and it looks awesome with big seed head.
Saw a add for the perennial peanuts in one of the seed companies I follow on FB, and it got me to wondering how it would do in a food plot, specifically how it'd take heavy pressure.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If they'd grow in Stokes, I'd try it. I'm considering having the local weed man drop a few seeds to slow them down and lower their inhibitions. Lol. You might be on to something. A test plot in your least favorite spot wouldn't hurt. I'm extremely green to the food plot group and wouldn't take anything I say seriously, but you'll never know if you never try.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
They are really expensive!! Have you tried white clover?

Yeah. The white works well and is what was in the plot before. Deer got so thick, landowner actually had to get depredation permits but in order to receive permits, he had to quit maintaining food plots, so clover got thin and other weeds out competed the clover. We killed off everything in the plot.
deer density is still really high but not they're not destroying nursery stock anymore so he gave us permission to replant. Just looking for something different.