want to buy new sight for my bow.....suggestions please

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No particular price range....my old one has 5 pins and has developed a vibration and a broken fiber on one pin......it has to go

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Spot Hogg, Axcell and CBE are what I've used and like. Spot Hogg fast Eddie XL double up pin is what's on my hunting rig.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good sight for the money is a Copper John. Others mentioned above are good sights - some pricey.
Another good sight, maybe not mentioned yet and not quite as pricey are the Montana Black Gold sights.

You can find good sights used on AT.

rlhans00

Spike
I have the Trophy Ridge React V5. I love it and believe it or not, the react technology really works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
Good sight for the money is a Copper John. Others mentioned above are good sights - some pricey.
Another good sight, maybe not mentioned yet and not quite as pricey are the Montana Black Gold sights.

You can find good sights used on AT.
This. I bought a like new HHA optimizer with all the tapes for less than $40 shipped.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I always like a sight with a round housing that fills my peep sight when I look through the peep. Alignment is everything when it comes to accuracy. Try to have a peep and a sight housing that will do this for you. In my case the Spot-Hogg Archery Wrapped Right On 5 Pin worked perfectly. I hunt out west as well as here and I like a five pin fixed sight not much on the slider sights due to there weight and when animals come in fast I sometimes don't have time to adjust the sights. With a fixed pin there are no worries with that.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
an $80 trophy ridge works in the same fashion as the $200 sights

My personal experience was that it did not. The actual camo finish on the sight as well as cheap metal that cracked caused issues when tightening down the pins.

Same fashion, yes, but cheaper materials rendered it unusable for me. Surprised me.

hoyt85

Six Pointer
I'm currently running a Montana Black Gold Ascent Verdict slider sight with 3 pins. Top is .29, middle .19, bottom .10. The bottom .10 pin is my "rover" pin for my slider. My settings are 20, 30, 40.....with the "40" or "rover" I can dial it up further than I would ever shoot, but it's nice for practicing at longer distances.

It's the best of both worlds IMO. In a treestand it's set for almost any distance in the "fixed" position at 20, 30 and 40, but you have the ability to dial it up if need be or if you hunt our west. I also like the single pin set up, but the fear of adjusting a sight quickly in the heat of the moment has always been a turn off for me.

You can go to S&S Archery's website and build your own custom sight, whether it be a Spot Hogg of a Black Gold in almost any housing or pin configuration.

IQ is great for ensuring you have a consistent anchor point. I started shooting even tighter groups....out to 60 yards

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I bought a Trophy Ridge 5 pin w react.........and a copper John for a back up.....got both for less than 100 bucks.....thanks for all your input