Yeti Bucket...

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That is our limit for the annual Christmas dirty santa for the family. I plan on getting the bucket and picking it for myself. Then it's a gift and I don't have to feel stupid about spending $40 on a bucket. haha

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
fireworks and alcohol are neck and neck for useless purchases. but some folks love em.

Some folks spend $70k on a Silverado 2500 LTZ to get the same performance a truck costing $20k less would get you.

I personally don't care what folks do with their money. That's is completely up to them. As stated above, what something is worth is completely up to the person buying it. Some people like a premium product for a premium price even if said product is as simple as a bucket.

Some guys like 4 blade Muzzy's for $20, some guys prefer spending $50 on Rage. Some guys spend $50 on a buckle release, others spend $180 on a back tension release. Some guys wear Sitka, others wear Red Head. These are all things we debate nearly daily on these boards yet some are surprised that someone would spend $40 on a bucket. :p

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
That will work.....

I plan to get one just for use as an Ice bucket to fill my Yeti coolers....

Wondered how long it would take them to do it... Talked to them a few times about making a bucket, but I wanted one that would fit inside the cooler and square so you could just lift out ice, use for filling or to cover fish or deer.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
but I wanted one that would fit inside the cooler and square so you could just lift out ice, use for filling or to cover fish or deer.

A square one is better for getting ice out of the ice machine as well. Great ideas for future YETI merchandise, that would sell well to serious anglers who are dead serious about keeping their ice buckets apart from the other buckets used for fish...ect...

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I own 2 Yeti Coolers and love their products. I also wear BPS brand camo. I'm not judging anyone on what they do with their money :)

you are very unique. :)

it bothers folks to no end when money is wasted on items they deem useless. or when poor people buy stuff they "cant afford."

personally i could care less but when folks start bragging on their stuff then i judge. :)

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A square one is better for getting ice out of the ice machine as well. Great ideas for future YETI merchandise, that would sell well to serious anglers who are dead serious about keeping their ice buckets apart from the other buckets used for fish...ect...

When I fish we fill the ice chest quick enough that we don't need no stinkin ice!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I fish we fill the ice chest quick enough that we don't need no stinkin ice!

LOL...I thought your fish boxes left room for PLENTY of ice when you turned back toward the dock...(he ducks for cover as he stirs the pot):skeerd:

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I know more about good ice keeping then I ever thought I would, since joining this forum.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
you are very unique. :)

it bothers folks to no end when money is wasted on items they deem useless. or when poor people buy stuff they "cant afford."

personally i could care less but when folks start bragging on their stuff then i judge. :)

Very True. It doesn't bother me one bit, I just thought it was ludicrous.

But, Gadget and a few others pointed out that if it doesn't dry rot or slide around and has nice litle knife slots, I get it now. I have a $10 marine grade bucket from Cabelas that I like for the rope handle and handhold on the bottom. So, I guess I should not have totally discounted the possibility of a better mousetrap.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
One other way to look at it also.....
wonder your thoughts.

A bucket, being pickle bucket, 3$ lowes bucket or 5$ bucket from other places.

I have crushed, backed over, broke dropping tools in it.......
That said if it works, I buy one and keep up with it, take care of it and will have it a long time....
Vs getting new cheap buckets you dont care about and always damage or trash them....

May be cheaper in the long run than getting a bunch of cheap buckets.

Think of it a green living, one bucket vs 5 to 10 a year....broke and in the trash.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll wait until next year and buy the Sams Club knock off made to the same specs for $15.00..until then I'll use my pool chemical buckets that I get from a buddy of mine(I hate the plastic handles that break the first time you leave them in the sun...LOL)

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Very True. It doesn't bother me one bit, I just thought it was ludicrous.

But, Gadget and a few others pointed out that if it doesn't dry rot or slide around and has nice litle knife slots, I get it now. I have a $10 marine grade bucket from Cabelas that I like for the rope handle and handhold on the bottom. So, I guess I should not have totally discounted the possibility of a better mousetrap.

how about their straw, you lining up for one of those?

I swear to you they were lining up in southport to get them a few weeks ago. :)

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
how about their straw, you lining up for one of those?

I swear to you they were lining up in southport to get them a few weeks ago. :)

I'd break my teeth absentmindedly. I do have a yeti mug that was a Christmas gift, it does keep cold for forever and a day.

witler

Eight Pointer
IMO it is all a personal thing, I can't afford a Yeti and would like to think that I would not spend that much on a cooler even if I could afford it. To me I sometimes get more pleasure in knowing I can afford an item and not buying it.
I have back issues and not just Yeti but all of these hard shell coolers weigh more empty than I care to lug around.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
The Yeti marketing meeting for the bucket went something like ths..."Let's see just how dumb and gullible our market base is"

The certainly have a marketing team that makes other outdoor product manufacturers green with envy.

<>< Fish

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Maybe they are playing the market?

Anyone, ANYONE who owns ANYTHING Yeti.....Must then, own them ALL!?

If you own a yeti tumber, but carry it and an igloo cooler to a BYOB party, are you worthy of being shunned?

Some say yes.

Last edited:

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
Maybe they are playing the market?

Anyone, ANYONE who owns ANYTHING Yeti.....Must then, own them ALL!?

If you own a yeti tumber, but carry it and an igloo cooler to a BYOB party, are you worthy of being shunned?

Some say yes.

and I thought is was the duct tape on my Teva's holding it together at the 4th of July cook out that was getting me the shun and dirty looks.....

Glad you enlightened me that it was my Wally World tumbler and Igloo cooler.

Perhaps I should not worry about the duct taped Teva's now

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I'm honestly surprised one of these companies hasn't tried to revise the 5 gallon orange water jug yet. Maybe they have and I've missed it.