Yeti Bucket...

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Touche. Fair point, hard to argue it except that I dont have a choice in having the brand name on the merchandise or not. Voluntarily putting a sticker on your truck is a choice and I question the reason for having a yeti sticker on your truck if not for 'bragging rights'

Normally, I thought most put stickers of things that represent who you are. Maybe you have a sticker that says " We dont care what y'all did up north' for those that dont like your northern countymen or it maybe be a Miami Dolphins sticker to show your team loyalties. I have a sticker on my truck that says Keep public lands in public hands since I value the opportunity to hunt on public land. I like to think it represents the drivers viewpoint on at least that topic.

I guess I get annoyed at the stickers because it seems those guys are saying " I can afford high quality :donk:donk:donk:donk" by throwing a yeti sticker on there....a manly status symbol if you will. Maybe we do that with all purchases ( look at how big my truck is) butsince when did men begin to identify themselves based on the quality of their coolers? I understand wanting or needing a good cooler, but telling the world about it? I dont get it but its certainly a mans right to brag about his ice shelf life.

I never understood the point of putting product stickers on a vehicle. It's just a billboard for somebody to break into it for the advertised product.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Man you sure have posted a lot in this thread.

You must have some kind of problem or something.
You take it personal when people spend their money the way they want.

Must be some kind of reason as you keep falling back to the line about people buying stuff they can afford or bragging if they give a review or talk about products they have.

what gives?
You have done this on several threads.

I thought you would take that as a compliment . you have told us all repeatedly how good yetis are.

i merely pointed out that you have provided ads for free by your high praise and that you should be paid for that.

i gotta laugh when you say i take it personal when people spend their money the way they want. i have never before been accused of that. :)

carry on.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I never understood the point of putting product stickers on a vehicle. It's just a billboard for somebody to break into it for the advertised product.

I agree. When I buy a new vehicle, I wait until I'm JUST about to sign the papers, the look the car/truck over one more time with the salesman. If I see the dealership name ANYWHERE on the car, I immediately ask for a $2,000 reduction. The salesman ALWAYS ask "WHY?", and I always say the same thing (only 3 times in my life so far ;) ), "because that's what I'm charging you for advertising your dealership in the amount of time it takes me to get it home and take it off myself". The salesmen always have the same reaction and withing minutes, the dealership logo is GONE!

As far as product stickers, I agree with the quote attached. Why announce that you own nice things, which may be found inside the vehicle? I'm scared to put an NRA sticker on my vehicles, for fear of being broken into.

I'm saddened to see that a thread about a bucket has caused some rubbed feelings between good members.

I think Yeti has great Marketing folks and campaign. I bet Nike Air Jordans has had many meetings asking "WTF didn't we think of huge stickers?!?!?!?"

As proud as any Yeti or Ferarri owner on this planet is of their purchase, NONE are more proud than I am of my Duluth Trading COmpany Buck Naked underwear! I would GLADLY post their product on my trucks, coolers, pants buttocks etc. It's hard to advertise your preferred underwear brand loyalty without getting kicked out of public gathering places time after time.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Most of the comments have nothing to do with the bucket itself.

Yep many are just posts on all the butt hurt people have about how people spend their money.
I guess talking about Yeti is the same as horns.
Nothing good can some from it.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Yep many are just posts on all the butt hurt people have about how people spend their money.
I guess talking about Yeti is the same as horns.
Nothing good can some from it.

well sure there can, you can see what someone else thinks on the subject/s , getting butthurt over either topic is past silly.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
well sure there can, you can see what someone else thinks on the subject/s , getting butthurt over either topic is past silly.

I thought one of the benefits of the Yetis padded lid is that it PREVENTS butthurt.

At this point this thread is off the rails. Might as well have some fun with it.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Just an FYI
there is no padding to the lid.

haha, I guess with all the info on this thread I got confused.....its on the bottom I guess.........totally killed my joke.

I spent 40 bucks on some nasty takeout last night for the old lady and I. Would rather have had the bucket and starved to be honest.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I spent 40 bucks on some nasty takeout last night for the old lady and I. Would rather have had the bucket and starved to be honest.

Yep I know the feeling. ..
Sucks spending money on something that only lasts 2 hrs......

if you want to lid or seat that cost you another 30$
But it is a neat looking lid/seat.

Last edited:

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Yep I know the feeling. ..
Sucks spending money on something that only lasts 2 hrs......

if you want to lid or seat that cost you another 30$
But it is a neat looking lid/seat.

Wait, what? A yeti bucket with a lid is $70?!? You really must be a fanboy!