Yeti Bucket...

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
If I do not feel like stopping at the local bakery or grocery store I stop by Home Depot for a $2.97 bucket.

How is the Yeti one better then free or $3.00.

If it comes with a sticker I am sure someone will buy it.

My Walmart Tumbler did not come with a sticker, but it works just as well as my Buddy's Yeti tumbler. Got four of them for the price of one yeti.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, but it says Yeti on it....and it's advertising is well done and classy. I see a new item to be stolen out of the back of trucks.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
There are a few companies that already offer what is basically a 5 gallon bucket with a rope handle for between 25-30 bucks. That yeti sticker is worth at least $10-$15.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Ya'll just don't understand.... I just ordered three of these.

On a side note. I put ice in one of those tumblers from Walmarts and it kept ice in it for a full 48 hours sitting on the counter in my kitchen. I hear the Yeti will hold ice like that for 3 weeks.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'd never buy one as I am too cheap on those kinds of items (buckets) but I don't begrudge Yeti,,,,they are leverage a market and moving into new areas since folks copycat them pretty fast with their items so far,,,,,

I also don't begrudge anyone buying one that wants to,,,,,there is a reason for a variety from cheap to ridiculous price in all consumer items,,,,just look at fishing poles,,,,,,

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Looks pretty cool with the handle and the tie down slots. I got a nice bucket for around $10 that has a great handle. I can't see spending $40 on this sucker.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Also has a rubber bottom.
lot better than the normal bucket.
Sit on that vs a normal one that gives you waffle butt.....
I think the extra rim is nice with the tie downs or place to stick a knife....

Like it or not it is a better bucket and it will sell.
When you spend big bucks on a boat and reels that cost 500 to 2500$ whats 40$ on a good solid bucket that will not slide across the deck of the boat.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
or watches for crying out loud,,,,,Rolex has made a business out of NICE,,,,folks could just buy cheap walmart specials for 15.99 (or whatever they cost) but the rolex's seem to sell just fine, to the right clientele,,,,,

I get it that these yeti products are not for everyone,,,,but why the big time railing against them when (nearly) every type of consumer item has it's "high end products",,,,,

just curious,,,,,

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
or watches for crying out loud,,,,,Rolex has made a business out of NICE,,,,folks could just buy cheap walmart specials for 15.99 (or whatever they cost) but the rolex's seem to sell just fine, to the right clientele,,,,,

I get it that these yeti products are not for everyone,,,,but why the big time railing against them when (nearly) every type of consumer item has it's "high end products",,,,,

just curious,,,,,

Yep never understand why people attack people that spend their money on something they want.

Lot of those people should look at themselves when they do that..
There is always something that will work that is cheaper....

Muzzleodor

Eight Pointer
I'm sure its a fine product, the last thing I would want is for someone to think that I was trying to be "trendy" or whatever you want to call it. I wouldn't buy one but if someone gave it to me I would give it a spray can camo job and shoot me a dur off it.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Some people made some good points. I guess if I spend $150K on a boat and $500 in rods and $300 gassing it up, $40 so a bucket doesn't slide all over might work for me.

I'd never buy one as I am too cheap on those kinds of items (buckets) but I don't begrudge Yeti,,,,they are leverage a market and moving into new areas since folks copycat them pretty fast with their items so far,,,,,

I also don't begrudge anyone buying one that wants to,,,,,there is a reason for a variety from cheap to ridiculous price in all consumer items,,,,just look at fishing poles,,,,,,

just curious,,,,,

I guess, and this is just my thought and kind of why I posted it here, at what point do they dilute the brand name and lose credibility? When does it become Samsonite branded Jackets or Ferrari branded aftershave?

Their coolers and their tumblers keep ice for a long time. They are high quality products, no doubt or argument. The brand means something. So did Underarmour, at one point, before they went in twenty different directions.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
For it to work it would need to be a better material than what current buckets are built from.
People know what Im talking about.
Ever stand or sit on a bucket that broke or cracked? The normal bucket is not made for UV and being in the sun or boat for long. I would bet this is different.
I can not stand a bucket that cracks or handle breaks easy or with little time in the sun.

My guess they will come up with a lid with a seat in it. In the wording they talk about able to drop a load on it...... Guess a nice fitting top and TP you could use it as a pickel bucket......

witler

Eight Pointer
I like the red buckets from Firehouse Subs, 2 bucks with lid. Smell like pickles, little bleach takes care of that.
2 bucks goes to some Fireman Fund.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Any of the Yeti is a waste or not worth it people........ Do you play golf or did you buy fireworks over the 4th?

Wonder how many yeti coolers you could get for your clubs or fees to play golf?
Maybe if you play a bunch the cost of the balls you hit......

just thinking about the cost of stuff...

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's not about the cost, it's about how much something is worth. Or rather, how much it is worth to you.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Just wonder if in golf if there is the same bashing as the hunting and fishing?

someone buy a club that costs 500 to 1000 vs the other guy with one that cost 100 and does fine?
I dont golf, tried it when I was younger and did great but just was not my thing.
But I never bash anyone for there spending and what they pick to waste there money on.

I was in at ace hardwear the other day, was looking at the yeti stuff for the hose drain attachment for the cooler, they did not have it but had two normal drain plugs for 10$ so I got them just to have in the truck if needed.

There was a guy there that went off about yeti, all but lost it. He was ask to leave making a seen as he got is 2$ bolts. He all but had a melt down and people backing away from him.
I kind of layed low to the point when I left and he was still out side. Guy there ask if he should call the cops.

Never seen anything like it... All because he seen the yeti display and someone getting something from it.

Just wonder why some times.

What will people target next?

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If it wont dry rot, handle wont break, and it never has to be replaced....i wouldnt be upset with the price. Im not buying one, but i hate dry rotted buckets and handles that break when you need them.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
For it to work it would need to be a better material than what current buckets are built from.
People know what Im talking about.
Ever stand or sit on a bucket that broke or cracked? The normal bucket is not made for UV and being in the sun or boat for long. I would bet this is different.
I can not stand a bucket that cracks or handle breaks easy or with little time in the sun.

My guess they will come up with a lid with a seat in it. In the wording they talk about able to drop a load on it...... Guess a nice fitting top and TP you could use it as a pickel bucket......

I guess that is when the rubber bottom would be invaluable, wouldn't want that bucket to side and loose your balance then.:eek:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Any of the Yeti is a waste or not worth it people........ Do you play golf or did you buy fireworks over the 4th?

Wonder how many yeti coolers you could get for your clubs or fees to play golf?
Maybe if you play a bunch the cost of the balls you hit......

just thinking about the cost of stuff...

fireworks and alcohol are neck and neck for useless purchases. but some folks love em.