Ocean Isle Fishing...

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Guys the wife has reserved a house next week at Ocean Isle...Is it worth taking my boat to fish the Intracoastal??? I'm an Outer Banks guy!!! Thought we might could pick up some flounder, spots, etc during the week...Thanks!! :)

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Sure is. Still catching plenty of flounder, drum, and even a few trout mixed in. If all else fails there are some good clam holes down there.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We have gotten on flounder drifting the inlet at holden beach. Have gotten into flounder and trout at the other inlet south of ocean isle.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks Wildlifer!!! How about fishing up in the Saucepan and Shallotte Rivers?? Any good???

the front part of both of those should be good. Redfish can be found in the flats a for a few hours on either side of high tide. Flounder are keying in on main creek channels and around the mouth of the inlet.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
We used to catch some good Flounder in Lockwood Folly inlet with the incoming tide years ago. We would run out towards the Ocean and drift back to the Intracoastal with the incoming tide. Mud minnows and cut bait worked well back then..Good luck..

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Have had a good week with grandsons and granddaughters, caught plenty of croakers and pin fish on bottom rigs...Nothing big but they have had a ball..I'll post some pics when I return...Thanks for the tips guys!! Making our seafood boil right now...Also have snow crab legs in the oven.. :)

roughrider

Six Pointer
Hey Hawkeye, sorry I missed this but next time you're down message me, We do quite a bit of fishing around the Shallotte River all the way down to the State line, we'll try and get you on some flounder for a fun morning or two!

Also, even though the national maps say "Saucepan"- its Sasspan around here, make sure to pronounce it right or everyone will know you're not from around these parts!! haha