Looking for cabin and fishing spot for my son

Redline1969

I want to take my son on a good fishing trip to get him "hooked" (pun intended).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good cabin and fishing package location that would be fun for kids in NC/SC? I am new to NC/SC freshwater fishing but have done it all of the country in other places.

Thanks in advance.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Gotta be some cabins for rent on Santee. Plenty of good catfish guides down there too.

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
Smith Mountain Lake State Park in southern Virginia is very nice, and has cabin rentals. You can catch bream, catfish, carp, and maybe a bass from the docks at the park, or hire a guide for some excellent striped bass fishing.

Redline1969

Good suggestions from everyone so far! BTW welcome to the forum from a fellow Cab. County resident!

Yes thank you for all of the suggestions and thanks for the welcome! Do you fish in Cabarrus County at all?

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yes thank you for all of the suggestions and thanks for the welcome! Do you fish in Cabarrus County at all?

There aren't a whole lot of public fishing opportunities in Cabarrus Co. Lake Fisher in Kannapolis lets you rent boats and fish, you just have to bring your own motor and batteries. There are some good fish in there. I haven't fished there in years but did catch some good ones when I did. I'm pretty sure you can fish at Frank Liske Park in Harrisburg as well (bank fishing).

Pat

Hi, We have a small house in Henderson, NC, not to far from Kerr Lake. If you are planning to be fishing at Kerr Lake or any of the surrounding lakes near Henderson, NC 27537 and need a place to stay, give us a try. Double occupancy, $40 a night. Just 15 minutes to Kerr Lake (Nutbush and Flemingtown ramp facilities). We also have a small pond here on the farm, just in front of the house. Plenty of parking and electric hookup. Call ahead for reservations. We would be glad to have you! For more information contact us at pwrose@nc.rr.com or call 252-492-6988 & 252-204-7714.