New muzzleloader bullet from Lehigh Defense

22LR

Twelve Pointer
It reminds me of the old "fluted devil" bullet that was originally used in the savage smokeless muzzleloader rifles.

Last edited:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Its solid copper...so I would expect it would definitely be strong in the penetration department. Not sure how it will expand...and the description on the website seems kind of odd to me. Regardless, it will be useful in the land of fruits and nuts which will have banned lead ammunition of any kind for hunting in the state by 2019.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've shot them and they are really hard. I had to aneal them to get them to shoot semi decent in my smokeless conversion but never got them to shoot good enough to pay the price they are.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
It looks like the Devel 175gr .452 "Radial Dynamic" bullet developed by my friend the late Charlie Kelsey founder and owner of Leved Cartridge Ltd. That bullet was the most accurate bullet I ever shot out of any muzzleloader. It is to this day, the only bullet that delivered consistent 1/4" or smaller groups at 100yds out of a smokeless muzzleloader. If Charlie hadn't been murdered I'd still be shooting his bullets. I still have a couple dozen or so left after all these years but I will not shoot any more of them. I will hang on to them for keep sakes, conversation pieces, and display curiosity pieces.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Yes it is.

The only reason I disagree is that all the whitetail and mule deer, and black bears and elk I've shot with my .45 or .50 cal never took more than 30 steps before piling up.
I cast my own to a BHN of 18-20, with a lot of linotype.
They hardly deform on bone they are so hard....more often a bend...no expanding/mushrooming at all.