Brian Davis Memorial Reef

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Some of you may have already heard of this but for those who have not... A few weeks ago we lost an amazing member of the waterman community. Brain Davis was on a commercial spearfishing trip out of Wilmington when he suffered a scuba accident that took his life. While I didn't know Brian personally I knew of him though mutual friends in the diving community. From all accounts he was an amazing person and his death has really shaken our tight knit group of divers. Below is a link to an article that details everything that has been going on and the efforts to sink a ship in his name as well as links and contacts for the gofundme page. If you can spare any amount to help make this possible that would be awesome! It's not often you have the chance to build a reef you can later catch fish off of.
http://portcitydaily.com/2017/07/07/local-community-comes-together-to-sink-a-ship-in-memory-of-brian-davis-our-ht/

Last edited:

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Hate to hear that. Good deal on the memorial effort. What happened? I got certified when I was younger. Been thinking about a refresher course. Just wondering what the circumstances were.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I have yet to hear the final report from DAN and other involved who took the tank and computer. The general consensus so far is that while filling tanks on the boat CO2 got into the compressor and into the tank.