Bowstrings

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Where does everyone buy their bowstrings? I'm fairly new to archery (roughly 2 years) and this will be my first time changing out strings. I'm shooting a Diamond Core and the original Octane strings have freyed pretty bad and I've been having trouble with my bow POI dropping constantly while nothing else is loose which I think may be the bow string stretching based on another post topic I have. Worst case scenario its probably about time for a new set anyway as I continue to trouble shoot this issue.

Just curious where everyone buys their strings.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
John's Custom Archery. He makes the best custom strings out there in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
EJW in Morehead City has a local guy that custom makes the strings and they're the best I've ever had. The last set I had, might've been called Winners Choice? Nothing to brag about

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Had good luck with 60x custom strings. Tried Vaportrail last year, there string stretched like a rubber band and the teflon slide I bought ate my cables. Think I'm done with them. They did however send me a new slide and cables.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I use Worlds Best Strings. Guy that makes them is from Canada. They are not cheap, but they will last a very long time. I prefer the Halo-type serving for my strings and cables, and that is what Alan uses.
My bow/bows get shot virtually every day (I have a basement) and I keep track of every shot on the strings I have. The last set I had I put 8700 shots on, and the current set has 10K plus. No set has had less than 8500 shots, and when I changed them out it was only because the season was coming up, not because the strings were toast.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've been happy with 60x,,,but those were all longbow or recurve strings,,,,,,haven't had a compound redone lately and Dave (dthbyhoyt) did them,,,,,RIP Brother,,,,,,,,,,

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Thanks everyone! I ordered a set of 60X which arrived two days later. Still waiting to get them put on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk