build a 300$ great deal on complete AR15 uppers.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/221905/ar-stoner-ar-15-a3-upper-receiver-assembly-556x45mm-nato-16-barrel?cm_mmc=pe_brand-_-ar_stoner_upper-_-ods-_-20170703

MidwayUSA has complete uppers on sale 239$ would be close to 300 for a complete gun build.

Last edited:

Erlich

You can get a complete full lower for $60? + stock and trigger parts? If so, I want to know wherever you are shopping :)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yep deals are out there.
lowers have been running 40 to 50 all over and other parts are free or cheap if you look.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
I have been able to put a pretty nice 300 blackout 16 inch ar together recently for 500.00 with a 50.00 lower and 220.00 complete upper. If I had wanted another 5.56 I could have got it done for 450.00. I do have a mag pull stock on mine and a railed upper but I can't see getting it done for 300.00. Parts kits are 50 to 60 and the buttstock and buffer spring are another 50.00.

Still as cheap as they have ever been. Buy now.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Anyone have any uppers from Bear Creek in Sanford, NC??

They have a stainless 16" 7.62/39 upper complete with BCG and CH for $209... Thought it would make a nice little play gun or pig buster when I go down to GA with my brother...

(Then again I already have a 6.8spc for that, but its always nice to have something else...)

FYI they also have complete 18" melonite fluted and heavy barrel 6.5 Grendel uppers for like $325...

Any thoughts or reviews on these guys?

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Why build now of you just want a plinker rifle? Dpms is running a special where all their AR s have a rebate on them. Their lower end gun has $150 rebate and is selling for around 500 so that puts a new gun at 350. I can understand building if you have something specific in mind, but for a plinker or fun gun I can't see building now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Was not about really building.
Was more about 550 a d 750 uppers are now as low as 239 and if you really look can find parts to build around 300 for a gun.

That said the bottom is falling out on the AR business and as you stated now deals for the 350 to 500 range everyplace. Even been told that the 308 ar can be had in the 600 to 650 complete.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
That said the bottom is falling out on the AR business and as you stated now deals for the 350 to 500 range everyplace. Even been told that the 308 ar can be had in the 600 to 650 complete.

Have seen ar10s that low yet but I have seen em for $699 which was a first!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone have any uppers from Bear Creek in Sanford, NC??

They have a stainless 16" 7.62/39 upper complete with BCG and CH for $209... Thought it would make a nice little play gun or pig buster when I go down to GA with my brother...

(Then again I already have a 6.8spc for that, but its always nice to have something else...)

FYI they also have complete 18" melonite fluted and heavy barrel 6.5 Grendel uppers for like $325...

Any thoughts or reviews on these guys?
I may have to look into that 18" 6.5 gren....so I'm interest for any first hand quality/accuracy testimonials as well.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I may have to look into that 18" 6.5 gren....so I'm interest for any first hand quality/accuracy testimonials as well.

I just ordered a 18" stainless, I'll let you know! $356 shipped...

Last edited:

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
My brother is pumped that Federal finally get some of their new 120gr Fusions shipped for the Grendel.

He's tried a lot of stuff, and the Hornady SST's are most accurate with his rifle, but he wasn't super happy with the performance this fall

Those Fusions should do the trick well if they shoot...

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns

Fit/finish on par with Del-ton, all I've got to compare it to. Can see a tiny sliver of light between the BCA upper and DTI lower, but the DTI/DTI fit is the same. Take down pins fit is flawless. Feed ramps look good, as does the rifling. BCG is of a different design, but I dunno if that's a 6.5/5.56 deal. Not quite as beefy, but it's no noodle.

Be next week before I sling some rounds, but I'm happy so far!

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Look 2 posts up

I was asking about a range report. The MMC rifles had a lot of cycling issues due to sloppy gas ports/gas blocks installed wrong. Also would like to know how the blot holds up. I am toying with getting a 6.5 but don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I will probally end up building an upper.

Last edited:

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
So....range report on BCA 6.5G upper. 18" stainless, heavy, fluted. FF keymod tube. Cycles perfectly. No failure to feed, no stovepipes, no clicks. All I got are 10rd mags but it will empty them as fast as you can squeeze.

As far as accuracy, I bought this upper to do one thing... Kill deer in front of dogs. Rifles are legal in the county I hunt in VA, but .223 isn't so voila, I've got a small, quick handling deer rifle. With that purpose in mind, I topped it with a Burris FF3 instead of a scope.

Both Fed Fusion 120gr and Hornady ELD-M 123gr were sub 1.5" at 100, 5 shot groups. It didn't care for the Hornady SST 123gr, about 3.5" worth. Not bad for a $350 upper with a 3 moa red dot;) I may throw a scope on there and put in on some real bags just to see what it will do, but I'm well pleased thus far.

Last edited:

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
So....range report on BCA 6.5G upper. 18" stainless, heavy, fluted. FF keymod tube. Cycles perfectly. No failure to feed, no stovepipes, no clicks. All I got are 10rd mags but it will empty them as fast as you can squeeze.

As far as accuracy, I bought this upper to do one thing... Kill deer in front of dogs. Rifles are legal in the county I hunt in VA, but .223 isn't so voila, I've got a small, quick handling deer rifle. With that purpose in mind, I topped it with a Burris FF3 instead of a scope.

Both Fed Fusion 120gr and Hornady ELD-M 123gr were sub 1.5" at 100, 5 shot groups. It didn't care for the Hornady SST 123gr, about 3.5" worth. Not bad for a $350 upper with a 3 moa red dot;) I may throw a scope on there and put in on some real bags just to see what it will do, but I'm well pleased thus far.

Good to hear!

My buddies thought I was nuts when I started my 6.8 just for deer.

But man. Short, light, handy, and with that 2/7/32 optic, I am getting sub moa groups with 110gr accubonds. Kills em dead.

I will say that between my brother with his 6.5grendel, and me with my 6.8.
NEITHER of us got anything less than 3" groups with the Hornady SSTs.

He also got some of the 120gr fusions that just came out and they are really doing well in his 6.5