So what businesses do the employees stand out to you?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I can't help but notice, I end up going to certain places not necessarily because of value or quality, or time, but literally because of the attitude of the people working there and how they treat me. Even if it's for 5 seconds.

Chic Filet. They must go through a LOT of applications to find these people. None seem to be having a "bad" day. They are 100% pleasant, and act like making me satisfied is their #1 goal.

Harris Teeter, very similar. If I or another shopper are #3 in line, I watch the group, and very soon they open up lanes and ask the NEXT shopper to their lane. Not the last person in line.

There is a Hardees near me (not the closest though) that the workers are clearly taught to be pleasant and fast.

I could make a GIANT list of places I oppose, but what places am I missing out on?

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
I agree chick fil a is top notch. Publix grocery stores are the same way as well. Not many in NC yet but they are expanding in NC now.

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
A buddy and I were just talking yesterday how chic-fil-a must really concentrate on customer service during training. They get it right.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
In this area just about the only fast food place to get good service(and your order correct) is chic-fil-a.
I'm not a world traveler by any means but I have never been anywhere else that screws up your order or just flat dont give a crap as much as the area I live.

sent from...... Tapatalk

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
Chick fil a's are good but there is a awful two they are Apex and Waverly Place Cary. Young employees lots of playing and never clean!! Its not a one time deal either have been to these two multiple times and finally quit going and drive way out of the way to get to a good one. The rest I have been to would agree with the rest first class and A++++

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
My local Southern States is top notch. More geared more to farmers and rural folk. In fact, now that I think about it, most businesses I have dealt with over the years that are part of farm communities tend to be pretty good on customer service!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Chick fil a is the most consistent one by far.

I am continually surprised at how efficient and pleasant the employees at Chick-Fil-A are. It's really impressive that they can get their employees to give such quality, friendly service working in fast food. They jump out to me as the leader of the pack across any industry.

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
I can't help but notice, I end up going to certain places not necessarily because of value or quality, or time, but literally because of the attitude of the people working there and how they treat me. Even if it's for 5 seconds.

Chic Filet. They must go through a LOT of applications to find these people. None seem to be having a "bad" day. They are 100% pleasant, and act like making me satisfied is their #1 goal.

Harris Teeter, very similar. If I or another shopper are #3 in line, I watch the group, and very soon they open up lanes and ask the NEXT shopper to their lane. Not the last person in line.

There is a Hardees near me (not the closest though) that the workers are clearly taught to be pleasant and fast.

I could make a GIANT list of places I oppose, but what places am I missing out on?

I used to work for Harris Teeter when I was in school in Wilmington. They are not pleasant to work for at all. The managers were rude and overly critical in my opinion. Granted, that may have just been the one I used to work for.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The two that stand out to me are Chick Fil A and Southwest Airlines. Cabela's online customer support is top notch too in my experience.

Last edited:

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I know a franchise owner for chick Fil A here in Hendersonville. They have a pretty rigorous hiring practices. They do multiple interviews and have and excellent training program.

I have yet to visit one that was not clean either.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Jesus Christ has a lot to do with the chicken establishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say Chick Fil A is more popular than most religious denominations...so I wouldn't put too much credence in this viewpoint.

Markfromflorida

Eight Pointer
Chick fil a is great! I've visited many in diff states, and all were far above service compared to other fast food chains; even better service than some sit-down places!

I prefer ace hardware over lowes/HD if possible. Lowes/HD seems like they hire people to meet a quota rather than experience. BUT, I know it's different if the store is corporate vs locally owned...

I really can't think of any other "chain" stores that I visit. I try to stay local or just order online if I need parts. (Not any boat stores near me, that I know of)

Excursion

Ten Pointer
The lowes in Pittsboro had awesome customer service. I have been there over one hundred visits. Gotta be the managers because the one in Sanford is just the opposite. Instead of asking if you need help they avoid you and ALWAYS say "that's not my department let get someone" and no one ever comes to help.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Garmin has a very good customer service department in my opinion. Every time I've called about and issue or a how to their reps were very pleasant and walked me through step by step until my issue was resolved.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i am amazed at the UNC facility in Hillsborough. My wife's experience there for some kidney stone surgery was incredible.

Someone knows what they are doing there. the whole process was so favorable to any hospital situation i have seen in terms of information and patient service.

on the back side a visit with an employee to duke's hospital was a total disaster in comparison. and i thought they were supposedly good care providers.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The lowes in Pittsboro had awesome customer service. I have been there over one hundred visits. Gotta be the managers because the one in Sanford is just the opposite. Instead of asking if you need help they avoid you and ALWAYS say "that's not my department let get someone" and no one ever comes to help.

I echo that. Pittsboro's Lowes is great. Even though i was a week late on a pressure washer the associate helping me got me the discount of several dollars.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
The two that stand out to me are Chick Fil A and Southwest Airlines. Cabela's online customer support is top notch too in my experience.

I second that, although I avoid SWA at almost any costs because I don't like their boarding/online check in practices.

LL Bean deserves a nod. I took my wife to Nordstrom's over the weekend and that was a very positive experience as well.

I think a lot about this because I have to deal with it a fair amount in my work life, I wish I could distill how to teach attitude and non verbal communication to some co workers. I don't know if its cultural geographically (we have one call center that does much better than the other one, different part of the country,) or cultural to the organization (they do a better job training.) I do know that one causes anxiety to my customers and another makes my job so much easier.

There are a dozen ways to communicate the same message, and how its handled goes a long way in affecting their perception of you.

Last edited:

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'd say Chick Fil A is more popular than most religious denominations...so I wouldn't put too much credence in this viewpoint.

You may have missed the point - it ain't about religion or a denomination.

CFA is a Christian owned enterprise and its management and service mandates are Biblically based. Because they have adopted that as a business model, God has blessed them. Being closed on Sunday is one particular practice they follow to honor their principles and it's a fact they do more business in six days then anyone else in the business does in seven.

Better than average products and customer service is simply part of their paradigm.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As a side effect, I bet their employee morale is much higher because no one has to work on Sunday.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
CFA also doesn't buy into the whole affirmative action thing for franchise owners on down to customer service.
I have a buddy who bought his first franchise in the late 80s, it was a very intense application and acceptance process.