Tractor

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
Thinking about a small 4x4 tractor with loader and bush hog to use around the house and keep up hunting lanes and field paths. Maybe a 30hp or so. Anyone have opinions on what brands etc ? Thanks

Tarheeler

Twelve Pointer
Bought exactly what you described about 8 years ago and haven't ever regretted it, A Kubota L2800 hst, loader, tiller ,box scrape. Use it alot, Kubota deere mahindra kioti all make goid tractors , most have 0% interest 5 years

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Looked at them all, the JD 3038E suited me best. Wanted a Kubota until i sat on one, just didn't fit me, and the JD was less expensive, along with 0% interest. Had it 3 years now, no regrets. Look at the 3032E and 3038E (same tractor, little more HP with a turbo), they classify them as the largest of the compact tractors. You won't be disappointed.

5 Shot

Ten Pointer
ok, thanks guys. Yea I thought about getting up with chesson and checking with him. Thanks

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I bought a JD 3032e last year when we bought our farm. Best purchase I've made. I would've loved to have bought a bigger one, but our place has a 17 stall horse barn that the previous owners never bothered to clean up after the horses. So I wanted a tractor small enough to get in the stalls with the loader bucket.
It had .1 hr on it when I bought it new and now it has 94 hrs. I've planted numerous food plots for doves and deer. As long as you realize it's not a 70 hp tractor and try to use it like one, it will do everything I need it to do.
Tractors are like guns and trucks. Everyone will have their favorites for their own reasons.
I looked at'em all and was not brand loyal at all during my search. In the end, I just liked the jd better.

ncnat

Ten Pointer
They all make good tractors. My only advice is to buy a dealer and service, not a brand. In other words, don't buy a JD 200 miles away when you have a reputable New Holland dealer less than 20 miles away.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Question: Can these subcompact tractors pull a 5 foot bush hog? Once I get a few long standing debts paid off, I'm going to look into one also. I already have a 5 ft. bush hog as well as a 5 ft. disk that I use with my Farmall Super A. However, the Super A just doesn't have the best set up for either implement.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Question: Can these subcompact tractors pull a 5 foot bush hog? Once I get a few long standing debts paid off, I'm going to look into one also. I already have a 5 ft. bush hog as well as a 5 ft. disk that I use with my Farmall Super A. However, the Super A just doesn't have the best set up for either implement.
Disclaimer: You have to be careful on the weight of the bush hog. He borrowed mine to try out and it is a dual wheel heavy one and it was waaay to heavy for his tractor. But for pasture clipping etc. his tractor is fine pulling a 6'. So he got a lighter weight one and has done fine.

He can't mow briers and honeysuckles 10' tall. Heck I have a 60HP tractor and can make mine grunt if I don't use my head.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns

I pull a 5' frontier bushhog with mine and it's no issue. I used a 1 bottom turning plow as well. You definately know it's back there, but in 4wd, I was easily turning 8" of soil. Then I'd go back overvthat with a 5' pto driven tiller on the back, and it's a two step process to ready to plant!

Tarheeler

Twelve Pointer
Yessir, mine is @ 28 hp and i have reverse rotation woods tiller, 60" and it will make me slow down in wet clay but the disk and Bush hog, same width, give me no problem, most of the hydrostatic have 3 ranges so you have much torque

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I have a 24hpvst 4wd kobota and I can easily pull a 5ft bushog and a 5ft disc. If it's 4 wheeel drive then you can get buy with a few less horses.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was choosing between a 33 HP Kubota and the JD 3032. Looking hard at the stats and sitting in them, the Kubota won out for me even though it was a couple thousand more.

I have been pleased with how it has performed. If I had to do over, I might have gone a little more aggressive on the disc. I got a 5' disc to get in tighter areas, but wish I had a 6-7' here at the house.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
They all make good tractors. My only advice is to buy a dealer and service, not a brand. In other words, don't buy a JD 200 miles away when you have a reputable New Holland dealer less than 20 miles away.

Excellent advice! We have Deere's, but I would also look at Kubota or Massey Ferguson if a dealer was close to me. Don't be afraid of older tractors if they are in good shape.

JayDB

Eight Pointer
Any other Mahindra owners here? I have been checking them out lately. Still haven't decided.

I have a Mahindra 2810. Tough, well built tractor.

attachment.php