Let's see your catfishing set ups..

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Sold both of mine but I was known to anchor across the current and fish off the side a lot. Generally used at least 8-10 rods at each spot I fished depending on current...might be a few more. Same setup worked pretty good for drifting also..right off the side to get me a spread the length of the boat.

rutnstrut

Ten Pointer
Don't have a pic to post at the moment. But i have a 1652 alweld with a 40 jet. I fish the river 75% of the time. I have a rod bar across the back and three holders down either side. But mainly fish off back depending on current.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This isn't my current boat it is my dreaded Lowe I got rid of. I run my rod holders down the side. I have matching bases so I can switch to either side. That is fishing in the river. If I am fishing the lake at times I may fish off both sides.

I detest fishing off the back of the boat, motor and other stuff is in the way plus in the lake I drop 150' of anchor line off each end and position the boat between them to keep it steady. I have wide open boats so I can do my fighting between the back seat and front deck. My current boat is set up just like this I just lost all my pics on my phone recently. This was on PB.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Well my little 1232 Jon put a hurting on the big boys the other night running Jets. Didnt catch any over 20 lbs but my liitle boat put more on the Deck than a couple of Jets on the river. Probably will post a report in a few days...

flathead977

Ten Pointer
G3 1860 with a 90/65 Yamaha jet , 12 driftmaster rod holders on the left side. Will try to get pics the next time I get it out of the shed. Mostly Abu Garcia 6000-6500 series baitcasters on 6.5-7.5 ft MH rods for equipment.

Tarheeler

Twelve Pointer
This is my boys set up, it currently at alan aka fishbite getting 2 small racks on the rear corners and 6 on each side in the tracks second pic was some temps, driftmasters
9e6da2e8f46848f82a2640f94d7d9bbb.jpg
aa205ece0792504e5cf3214a47e7c6d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Tarheeler it wont be long...he will be ready to move that console to the front deck. Hydraulic steering was a nice add on to my jet boat. 20 ft is a lot of boat to turn with a jet pump in shallow water. Never forget my maiden voyage up the river from Cheraw in a 2096 polar kraft. Once we got up river a couple miles...fellow with me said "looks like the water going down". I asked how quick will it go down? He said " like flushing a commode"..he was spot on. :D

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Tarheeler it wont be long...he will be ready to move that console to the front deck. Hydraulic steering was a nice add on to my jet boat. 20 ft is a lot of boat to turn with a jet pump in shallow water. Never forget my maiden voyage up the river from Cheraw in a 2096 polar kraft. Once we got up river a couple miles...fellow with me said "looks like the water going down". I asked how quick will it go down? He said " like flushing a commode"..he was spot on. :D
People can't comprehend how quick that stuff goes down in that stretch to they witness it.

Tarheeler

Twelve Pointer
Yea thats as far foward as seaark would place it. Yea gotta watch whats coming to ya when ur in the shallow rocky rivers. With technology nowadays you can with the usgs apps.

Tarheeler

Twelve Pointer
Here is my Lowe 14/48, 5 alum blocks welded on both side, tapped w/monster rodholders, 20hp johnson, runs like a top

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Yea thats as far foward as seaark would place it. Yea gotta watch whats coming to ya when ur in the shallow rocky rivers. With technology nowadays you can with the usgs apps.

I moved mine myself. They make a plug and play extension for the motor and new shifter cables wasn't but like $50. I added the hydraulic steering and it was costly but took care of the steering cable. If he does move it, I would use the heat shrink wire connectors on the rest of the wires.