Is it here yet????

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Seriously getting twitchy for deer season. Never fails that after turkey season and our summer get together that I get restless waiting on archery season to get here. I still have plenty to do to get ready before the opener but the more I prep the more restless I get. (It's a vicious circle) What are you guys doing to occupy your time till season gets here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Trying to catch up around the house on things I got behind on last deer season, turkey season, fishing season etc. Lol

Still manage to trout fish some and do deer hunting prep every ther weekend or so

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Trying Coyote hunting for the first time. Had these visitors show up unexpectedly.
3a55aec87e5a95e1c9ca195039620117.jpg
eab80be63eaafab9f57bd1b611eb8caf.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Been planning a Nebraska rifle season hunt the past month or so. Gotta get my new rifle setup and start slinging lead down range. After next weekend I'll make a trip to our SC lease to swap out camera cards, set up a feeder, build a blind platform and get another camera setup. Also need to plan a few fall plot locations, already picked out some likely spots last month when I was out there. Other than those things. I'll start scouting some public spots to clear out road beds, cut some paths, see if any cutting has taken place or how much stuff has grown and get an idea on the amount of deer using the land. Focus is on Novembef 11-19 though!

Deer season never ends for me , found a couple of new properties along with a few I've already had ...it's always plenty to do on managing property... actual hunting is kind of a break so to speak ... looking forward to this year's season for sure !!!

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
Just finished sweetening up some mineral sites I set out early in the Spring, doing food plot and lane maintenance, pulling camera cards, the usual stuff. This year I have a new rifle to sight in and work up some loads for (a Weatherby Vanguard Sporter in 270 Win, currently getting a scope mounted). The anticipation is killing me!

Gilly

Ten Pointer
Booked my flight to Green Bay for Nov 3rd through the 12th. Looking forward to hunting with my buddy that I started deer hunting with when I was 14. We probably haven't hunted together in almost 20 years. This will be a State Land hunt deep in the cedar swamps.

skydog

The itch for me always starts right around July 4 weekend...by this time I've had about enough of the summer heat and summer activities and it's a long waiting game until Fall.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I've got work, plenty to do around the house, studying, my other hobbies, etc ... to keep my mind off deer hunting. That plus the humidity and heat. I have no desire to hunt deer when I feel that.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I was younger the deer hunting itch was almost intolerable. I guess as I've gotten older I've learned patience, that and there's so much else to do with work and home chores that I stay pretty busy. Can't wait to retire in a couple of years.......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Checked the freezer and I have enough venison to last until the season starts if I limit it to two dinners a week. I mean, that is what it's all about. You go, shoot deer, process them and then go have fun doing something else. I despise deer hunting. If they weren't so tasty I would have quit after the first one. :D

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
When I was younger the deer hunting itch was almost intolerable. I guess as I've gotten older I've learned patience, that and there's so much else to do with work and home chores that I stay pretty busy. Can't wait to retire in a couple of years.......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have been told you have even less time then.:eek:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
When its hot like this I'm ready for hunting season just to get some cool weather.
The older I get the less important hunting gets.

sent from...... Tapatalk