More reasons to not like TV hunting

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
The guy is a clown. Always has been. Quite possibly the worst hunting show of all time. Don't think I ever made it through more than 6 of 7 minutes.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, and another reason to call bullcrap on the whole willie Robertson buck commander "be Christ like" look at me scherade.
He all buddy buddy and not sure who's up the others butt the furthest but fact is, you are a representation of who you associate with. First willie was schmoozing with Jason aldean who was known to cheat on his first wife every chance he had and now it's ol' big bad bill busbice, which before this ever came about, was known to be just a terrible person and basically stole a neighboring landowners property to add to his 23,000+ acre farm in Louisiana.
And yet they always preachin' how you should live on their shows. That whole wild game innovations bunch is like watching a bunch of monkeys at a circus.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
The entire family is less than impressive and on top of that, they are quite possibly the worst shots on hunting shows. Shoot a deer in the guts and start screaming about how they smoked them.

Last edited:

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
Big Bill....a whole lot of words to compare that guy too. Who in the world would want to be around that guy.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I've owned ONE wildlife innovations camera in my life. And that (broken) will be the ONLY one I'll ever own.

180 days suspended sentence is a joke. I'd love to see this guy head upstate to Shawshank. That's where he and the others involved belong.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Only about 10% of the hunting/fishing show I see are legitimate. A "guest" shots a deer at 100 yards on a power line and they never recover it. Later the explanation is that the shooter mistakenly used "varmit ammo". Why even include that embarrassing film in your program?

A female hunter shots a brown bear standing upright on his hind legs, and you see the dust fly off his lower stomach, obviously a gut shot. Then they skip forward to recovery, which is obviously the next day with the lady dressed differently. And yet they promote that as a successful hunt. It is junk TV.

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
Yes, and another reason to call bullcrap on the whole willie Robertson buck commander "be Christ like" look at me scherade.
He all buddy buddy and not sure who's up the others butt the furthest but fact is, you are a representation of who you associate with. First willie was schmoozing with Jason aldean who was known to cheat on his first wife every chance he had and now it's ol' big bad bill busbice, which before this ever came about, was known to be just a terrible person and basically stole a neighboring landowners property to add to his 23,000+ acre farm in Louisiana.
And yet they always preachin' how you should live on their shows. That whole wild game innovations bunch is like watching a bunch of monkeys at a circus.

You probably should skip the Psalms and Proverbs of your bible. Don't want to be caught associating with adulterers, murderers, and idolaters. Song of Solomon's pretty raunchy, too.

skydog

I would have loved to seen this :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk clown get some real jail time. He and his entourage personify all that is bad with hunting these days.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Makes you wounder how many other game animals he's poached on all his other shows and did'nt get caught,got one camera of his think i am going home this afternoon and stomp it in to pieces he is a :donk. don't know why they did'nt throw the book at him since he a repeat a fender in less than a year.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
These guys recently tried to get my wife to be on one of their Tv shows. After talked with them her and I both agreed it would be best not to be a part of it and she declined. Partially because of the premise the show was based on and also because I just personally dislike wildgame innovation crap and didnt think it would be good for her to associate with them. After seeing the show eventually air it turned out to be a the biggest mistakes she ever avoided. This only confirms things that much more.

Last edited:

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
Kudos to the hunters that reported this! There are those who hurt the name of hunters and sportsmen, and then you have those who take the responsibility of doing what's right.

Last edited:

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I've got to where I don't enjoy watching any of them cause they're so fake and heavily edited...

But the natural evolution of this conversation would be...
What are some of the shows we all think are "good"?

I personally enjoy MeatEater, but Rinella can tell a good story, and his podcasts are pretty funny...

Anyone else got some that they think are enjoyable to watch?

witler

Eight Pointer
I put them in the class with most of the car shows on Velocity. If you do some research, most of them have been sued by customers or former employees, involved with labor law violations, found out to be building fake cars or pretending to build a car done by someone else.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I've got to where I don't enjoy watching any of them cause they're so fake and heavily edited...

But the natural evolution of this conversation would be...
What are some of the shows we all think are "good"?

I personally enjoy MeatEater, but Rinella can tell a good story, and his podcasts are pretty funny...

Anyone else got some that they think are enjoyable to watch?

I love Rinella, Randy Newberg has a podcast and a show called fresh tracks that is really good. I like the heartland guys too. other than that I have had better luck finding good podcasts than TV shows.

As to the original story the products seem to reflect the owner.....

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I love Rinella, Randy Newberg has a podcast and a show called fresh tracks that is really good. I like the heartland guys too. other than that I have had better luck finding good podcasts than TV shows.

As to the original story the products seem to reflect the owner.....

I watch and listen to rinella and Newberg. They are the only two hunting shows I've been able to sit down and watch and I really like their podcasts

All of Newbergs shows can be found on YouTube.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
https://www.usnews.com/news/enterta...w-star-charged-with-alaska-hunting-violations

Theresa Vail was likeable and on her way to a promising outdoor career. The grizzly mix up would have probably ended her career anyway but she should have stuck to her initial "gut" and not gone along with the outfitter's ploy.

You can google it and find lots of wildlife violations by "TV Show hosts". I'm sick and tired of the two channels I get. If you miss a show and 7pm just stay tuned it will be back on at 11pm. I see the same show over and over and am not really interested in any of them. They are all the same. Isn't there anyone at these channels that understands we don't give a crap for the shows they are airing?

As far as Busbice goes, maybe he won't be back now.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
The guy is a clown. Always has been. Quite possibly the worst hunting show of all time. Don't think I ever made it through more than 6 of 7 minutes.

I'm with you on that. Terrible show... I'm glad Big Bill couldn't buy his way out of this jam. Losing license in 45 states will leave a mark. Glad to hear it.

Last edited:

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
Be interesting to see who in the industry puts distance between themselves and these guys. Lee and Tiffany use the wild game cameras don't they? Outdoor channel just announced the suspension of the show . Like people say... Horns make people do crazy things!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I like the online show Midwest Whitetail with Bill Winke. Since its free online you have to deal with sponsors being pushed, but there is good info in the videos if you can pay attention. I like his offseason shows where he goes over how to make a food plot using an ATV and hand held tools.

http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer

Yeah the Meateater podcast is great! Didn't know ol' Randy had one too... Gonna have to look that up!

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Growing deer tv on YouTube is about the only hunting show I'll watch and it won't churn my stomach. I've learned a lot from grant woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk