The Conman's Get Together thread

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I took two days off of work BEFORE the get together this year :eek:

I may put in for the Monday AFTER next year as well!! I was dragging :donk today!!!! :D

Between fishing, eating, laughing, watching, listening, laughing, eating, fishing, eating, bear watching, eating, and throw in a little sleep, I was pretty spent by time I got home Sunday around 4 pm. Then I tried to clean up, put away etc, BUT the tuna, I didn't start until 8 pm. It was almost 1 am before I showered in cut lemons and orange goop.

Thank you SO MUCH to Mike, Connie, Hayley for their hospitality and hard work!!!

Thank you Mike, Connie and QBD for the TREMENDOUS cooking efforts!!! Honestly, if those 3 had been abducted by aliens on Friday night, the other 40 of us would have likely starved or eaten a LOT of raw stuff! (except woodmoose).

Tipmoose!!! Awesome surprise sir!!!

Bella Berrie I have been bragging on your grandson all day!!! :cool:

New meats I ate this weekend were bobcat, turtle, monkey, marinated beaver (start a separate thread plz :mad:), turkey thighs (I'll never throw them out again!)

I'm amazed, but then not, at the distances people travel to come here (though Dobber wins all time).

I try to explain to folks at work why the MRS and I take a 4 day weekend this time every year, it's very difficult to put into words. Pictures do it half justice though. I do believe we should record all conversations below the tents. We could write several books.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
ST8, you took lots of pics of the food on the grills. Post some of them up if you have time. Or anybody else that has pics from Sat. or Sunday, grills or otherwise.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
ST8, you took lots of pics of the food on the grills. Post some of them up if you have time. Or anybody else that has pics from Sat. or Sunday, grills or otherwise.

Kind of why I made this thread. I FULLY expected to dowload pics from my phone and camera onto my PC, then post them onto a hosting site like photobucket, THEN, copy link them into a thread here, on Sunday afternoon.......lol

And yet last night? I'm thinking if I get this done by Friday, I should ask my boss for a bonus!!!

LOL, Pics coming, and will probably be considered "irrelevant".

Last edited:

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My favorite quote from the weekend. "The Beaver Is Hot... Come And Get It" -QBD

bellabarrie

Eight Pointer
Bella Berrie I have been bragging on your grandson all day!!! :cool:

Thank you so much, NCST8GUY! He is still smiling from the fishing, the swimming, and his "wadies..." :cool: I don't have enough words to thank all of you for how generous you all have been as well as your willingness to help with the next generation!

Firedog, sending you a PM about some fish.

Conman, Connie, Hayley, QBD and family, NCST8 and the Mrs., Eric Revo and the Mrs., Pickle and your Mrs., Firedog and family (I even got a good bye hug from Connor!), Hawkeye, Tipmoose, Moose, and everyone else I had a chance to talk with... what a blessing to have spent some time getting to know you all a little bit better, putting faces with names, and listening to the stories of "the perfect hunt."

Go ahead and put us down for next year!

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
Thanks to Mike and Connie and Hayley for letting us use their place again for the get-together... As always it was great to see old friends and meet new folks from our site. Sorry I had to cut out early on Saturday but I needed to get back.

If you are new to the site or have never been to one of these you should try to make plans to attend. Like ST8 said when I try to explain what I am going to, they look at me like I'm crazy when you say you are going to a cookout with folks you met online. I think they figured up this was the 17th year so after that long of a yime friends feel more like family.

Again thanks to Mike and the whole Conman Crew.

Last edited:

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
I am kicking myself for not planning to come to this, i need to make it down next year, sign me up for some fishing as well, if i slip out of the forum for a bit, send me emails, phone calls, texts smoke signals, throw rocks in my general direction something, anything so i can book my time off (will bring back bacon if reminded early enough *L*)
look forward to the pics

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I am kicking myself for not planning to come to this, i need to make it down next year, sign me up for some fishing as well, if i slip out of the forum for a bit, send me emails, phone calls, texts smoke signals, throw rocks in my general direction something, anything so i can book my time off (will bring back bacon if reminded early enough *L*)
look forward to the pics
it's always the weekend after fathers day

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Then I tried to clean up, put away etc, BUT the tuna, I didn't start until 8 pm. It was almost 1 am before I showered in cut lemons and orange goop.

We have the fishing center split ours 6 ways then each guy is responsible for cutting their own fish. Nice of you to cut up the entire boats haul. Took me about an hour to do mine.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We have the fishing center split ours 6 ways then each guy is responsible for cutting their own fish. Nice of you to cut up the entire boats haul. Took me about an hour to do mine.

I did mine and it took about 2 hours but that included vacuum packing in custom made bags.

Brian must have taken more than his share! (or he was drinking while he was doing it.)

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I want to know how many plates of food NCST8GUY had. He posted around 20 last year.

The boy learned from the sharks that were sitting off the end of the boat eating out tuna.... He pulled his chair up to the grill and we were lucky if anything made it to the serving tsble. I don't believe he used a plate this year