Spraying for Bugs

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lately we have been seeing quite a few bugs in the house. I want to do a perimeter, under house, and interior perimeter treatment. Any advice on products.

Im looking for a roundup sprayer application. I have a big 4wheeler sprayer i can do exterior with.

Just not sure which chemicals.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What is your primary target pests? That would go a long way toward a suggestion. Do you have young children that is going to be crawling around in the house around the baseboards etc where this residual will be? That is also a consideration.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Talstar or generics is the go-to for most pest control companies it seems .....it's pretty darn safe and effective on lots of crawling critters.

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Talstar is what I use. I cancelled the professionals that came around every 3 months and started spraying my own using a 4 gal backpack sprayer. The pro told me they used Talstar as well.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No kids. No pets. 2 grown adults.

No clue what the bugs are. They are about as big as pencil erasers and seem to be concentrated around kitchen counters and sinks. There are not a ton of them. But its seems like one ir two are always there in the mornings or upon returning home from work.

They are pretty dang quick for tiny bugs. Ive thumped abiut 100 of them acriss the room.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Amazon seems to be the cheapest and free shipping. I use the termite strength for everything outside. It lasts longer with a better residual action.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had my home done professionally the first time, after that all I've ever used was Ortho Home Defense. I sprayed the interior at the baseboards, exterior at the foundation, and around windows and doors. If you do see a bug it's always legs up and dying.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
In addition to sprays I've had good luck using food grade Diotemaceous Earth. It will even kill bed bugs.