Last food plot planted

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Finished the last plot yesterday. Planted half acre of soybeans and 2 different half acre plots in iron clay peas , soybeans, buckwheat and milo this year. I just hope the pig weed and sickle pod don't take over .
Anyone else still working on food plots?

ncnat

Ten Pointer
I was finished until August. After all this rain, looks like I'm replanting part of it.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I replanted 4 acres of beans yesterday. All of my beans look poor this year.
I plant an acres worth of soybeans on just a little over a 1/2 acre because of the deer. To keep from replanting , I always plant extra. The deer usually get almost half the beans the first 2 weeks they germinate.

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
IMG_3933.jpgIMG_3920.jpgIMG_3921.jpgIMG_3955.jpg

Here is what mine look like. Plant the week after turkey season ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Everything is struggling for me with all this water. As soon as it even thinks about drying out, we get another few inches. I have planted the garden 3 times, and there's a half acre of sunflowers in a low spot that still haven't been planted. I sprayed it again last week in preparation of hopefully getting seed in the ground.

Last edited:

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
So glad I waited to plant food plots. I have a small clover plot that I mowed before the last batch of rain. Gonna spray it again with clethodim and throw some chickory seed in there.

I never plant buckwheat until after July 4th since it grows so fast and I want the bees to work my garden first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I finished plant everything Saturday morning. Then the sky dropped out!! I was glad to see it. Replanted all the Chufa and millet and 150lbs of IC peas for the cameras. Those peas will only last a few weeks but I can get a good idea what my bucks are looking like this year. I am looking for 2 ten pointers from last year that ought to be pretty nice this year!! They are going to think they are on the red carpet with all the cameras I have up.

Last edited: