2017 is Lookin' Very Nice....first pics of year

25contender

Twelve Pointer
You really need to spread some cameras out a bit to figure out where they are coming from and going too. I only bow hunt and you really need to be flexible and adapt to when things change. It doesn't take long for a buck to figure out what is going on around a stand set. That is why the best time to kill them is the first sit in that spot. I very rarely sit the same stand set more than 3 times the whole season. Let me know if you need some help figuring him out!!:cool::cool: I hope you get him!!

Last edited:

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You really need to spread some cameras out a bit to figure out where they are coming from and going too. I only bow hunt and you really need to be flexible and adapt to when things change. It doesn't take long for a buck to figure out what is going on around a stand set. That is why the best time to kill them is the first sit in that spot. I very rarely sit the same stand set more than 3 times the whole season. Let me know if you need some help figuring him out!!:cool::cool: I hope you get him!!

Already have multiple position sits and cameras running in multiple places also.......I know where they sleep......eat .....and :donk:donk:donk:donk......still doesn't mean they are going to be in bow range. I have never been winded in this spot....It is going to be an interesting opening week!!

Shockgobbles

Six Pointer
ScottyB, your son showed me these pics the other day! I thought to myself hmmm that deer sure looks familiar before I put two and two together. He's a great guy, friend from high school. Hope one of you can get him!!

Last edited:

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
ScottyB, your son showed me these pics the other day! I thought to myself hmmm that deer sure looks familiar before I put two and two together. He's a great guy, friend from high school. Hope one of you can get him!!

Thanks and he has messed around and cannot get off work yet for Saturday!! I will feed up Saturday around 2 pm and check cameras again. If I have to I will hunt Barrett's stand ......depends on where the pics show him most recent! They are really my stands.....he just lays claim to one each year

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Good luck ! I had my best deer in front of me Monday evening just came in alittle to slow and was dark by time he was in front of me. So I watched him for 30 mins. Then he just fed off...
I really hope ya kill him!

Shockgobbles

Six Pointer
Thanks and he has messed around and cannot get off work yet for Saturday!! I will feed up Saturday around 2 pm and check cameras again. If I have to I will hunt Barrett's stand ......depends on where the pics show him most recent! They are really my stands.....he just lays claim to one each year

I'm sure he hates he can't get off work! It happens, my opener will actually be Sunday since I'll be on a dove hunting trip with my dad for his birthday on Saturday. Good Luck!

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good luck ! I had my best deer in front of me Monday evening just came in alittle to slow and was dark by time he was in front of me. So I watched him for 30 mins. Then he just fed off...
I really hope ya kill him!

Good luck with him