I need reloading supplies

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
Which is a daunting process to start. Wanting to reload 7mm-08, 25-06, maybe pistols later. I really just want a basic starter kit. Anybody have anything they'd like to part with?

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I would keep my eye on the classified here and maybe even on 24hour campfire for used stuff. Honestly the rcbs rock chucked kit is really all one will ever need to reload ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I've found them on craigslist at times....and local auctions.

You'd be wise to ask on any of the handloading forums too.........google is your friend.

www.handloadersbench.com is 1 and there is also greybeards and thefirearmsforum

Last edited:

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
10-4 thanks. I've reload before and went in halfs on all the stuff but life goes on and it's at his house 45 min away and I'd like to work up loads near the house. I'll check those sites.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
They sell kits on MidwayUSA, that's where I got all my supplies. I got my Lee Challenger kit for 2/3 of the normal price by waiting until it went on sale. Came with everything you could need except dies. If I were to do it again though I'd look for an RCBS Rockchucker. Somethings like powders and primers are more expensive to ship though so you'd be better off looking locally.

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
Bullets, primers, powder check out Powder Valley.
As far as powder & primers you will need to buy larger quantities because of the hazmat fees.

It is hard to beat the Rockchucker press.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I bought some 4350 locally, it crossed over to both cartridges well.

I have decided that I am going to buy all my powder from ezdemon on here. He has just about anything you want and his prices are good and it is not a bad drive to pick up

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
I got my dies and powder from Windy Hill. It's 6 miles from me. Crap bullet selection tho. Going to Ed and Dales for those.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a lee loadmaster that has barely been used that i can let go for $100 if you want it. Its in pretty good shape but I just have no need for a progressive at this point and would rather see it get used. The little chain that operates the powder dispenser is broken, but that should be easy enough to fix. No dies included. Larry if you dont want it let me know and ill post it in the classifieds. I'm located in wake county.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
I may have another setup from a friend, but if that falls through I'm going to contact you Papa. Any good sources of cheaper brass than I'm seeing at stores?

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
I may have another setup from a friend, but if that falls through I'm going to contact you Papa. Any good sources of cheaper brass than I'm seeing at stores?

check Graff and sons, Brownells, midsouth shooters supply and midway usa. I just ordered 500 pieces of 308 Win lapua brass for $79/100 pieces. Best brass I have found, Very consistent, tough as nails and will yield up to 10 to 15 reloads per piece with proper care. Bullets I would look at shooter pro shop. The nosler 'blems' they sell are a steal honestly. I ordered 150 grn 30 cal accubonds for $15 per 50 today.

Last edited:

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
Good lead there. I sized some 25-06 brass today and primed it. Spent a long time figuring out proper seating depth. Ended up being 3.252 which is ~.020 off lands. I'll see what I get through several powder charges. I need a dang chrono now.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Good lead there. I sized some 25-06 brass today and primed it. Spent a long time figuring out proper seating depth. Ended up being 3.252 which is ~.020 off lands. I'll see what I get through several powder charges. I need a dang chrono now.

I would skip the chrono honestly. Much better to shoot a load and get your actual drops at those distances you intend to shoot. I have done that from 100yds to 600yds in 50yd increments with almost all my rifle and have a dope chart on the side. I could care less about speed, a slower more accurate load is my preference over super fast. Plus I very seldom find the most accurate load near max charge anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I reload for both......let me save ya some time.
The 25 loves 4831, i personally use H4831SC but IMR is good too.
7mm08 likes Varget, Reloader15 and several others but depends on what grain bullet your gonna use.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
I've loaded up 3 different loads of 5 cartridges for both the 85 grain ballistic tip and 110 accubonds for the 25-06. Coyote/deer. Both with imr4350. I'm going to shoot tomorrow or Tuesday and see what I come back with groupwise.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Let me know how the 110gr Accubonds do, I have some just haven't loaded them yet.

sent from...... Tapatalk