Lost a good friend today

30/06

Twelve Pointer
After almost 15 years we had to let our black lab, Gunner go today. He's been the best dog I ever had and was an amazing member of the family. His hips got bad and the cancer in his front leg grew to the point where he couldn't get up on his own anymore, he was in pain even after we helped him up. Hardest part is his mind was still good, still was eating and was happy when we were with him. Terrible decision to have to make.

The whole family will miss him, we had the vet come to the house, he hated the vet and we didn't want his last moments to be with us at home. I work out of the house, he's been my loyal companion for a long time, going to be a big adjustment not having my buddy snoozing outside my office anymore.

You'll be missed Gunner.

cyclops

Spike
so sorry for your lose. we just lost my best friend who has been with me thru thick and thin. you will have his memories with you forever cling to them

lbksmom

Banned
Sorry, it is like one of your own children when they been with you that long. You must get another that looks like him soon.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry for your loss, its hard to put into words how much it hurts to lose a canine friend, they become a member of the family . Gunner was lucky he had a good home all those years, so many Dogs out there do not..

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Its a hard thing to do, but you made the right decision. I'm sure Gunner had a good life and when his time came, he was at home and with his family. No dog would ask for more.

So sorry for your loss.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
My family k ows your pain. We had let our 14.5 year old lab go a cew months back. The kids still talk about him all the time. Prayers for comfort.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
My heart goes out to you and my prayers have been sent for your comfort. One of the hardest things anyone can ever be faced with...

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
Doing the right thing doesn't mean it's easy in this situation. They can't stay with us long enough. It sounds like your family will cherish the memories, which is the best thing you can do to honor your dog.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry for your loss!!! Glad the vet made the house call. I had tears streaming down my face on the last two while at the vet, doing what I knew was best for my dog. They are never angry towards you, always happy to see you, and love unconditionally.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Soooo sorry to read this.

Gunner did NOT like me in the first 20 seconds. Then all of the sudden it was "scratch me here, scratch me there".

A GREAT dog and family member you had. I wish when it's my time someone will have the same thoughts and resolve to make it as peaceful as your family did.

I'm so very sorry 30/06.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
That sucks man... it just sucks. Time heals all things. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk