Black Bear killed

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Between Coats and Erwin, in Harnett county this am by vehicle.. Coats police did a public service announcement on it. I guess they are coming on up the Cape Fear River.

Last edited:

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This is very near me. There have been a few spotted in recent years, but very rare. Here is the PSA:

Coats Police Department
7 hrs ·

PSA. A black bear was struck this morning on Hwy 55 just outside of Coats toward Erwin ...Be on the lookout due to this being a small bear there are most likely more in the area...Black Bear generally pose no threat and keep to themselve other than when crossing roadways so be vigilant. If you encounter one seek shelter and just let it pass ...and as always do not feed them...you don't want them making a home at your house.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yeap, they have been around this area for awhile. Fellow over in Linden had a 300-400lb on his camera several years ago.

Need to txt my cousins husband.. he's a officer at coats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmcleod

Six Pointer
This time of year they roam very far and are seen in places that they haven't been seen before. Last year around this same time of year while I was working night shift we had one come into Dunn city limits, But was never seen again. I grew up in the area and just like what SamCo89 said there have been sporadic sightings as long as I can remember.