Mismatched dies

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Anyone know if you can use RCBS reloading dies in a Lee press? I'm looking to start reloading 270 and 38spl (currently I only do 308 and 30-06) but the Lee dies don't seem to be of as good of quality as the RCBS dies. This is probably a simple question, just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with it and if it would cause any unforeseen issues

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone know if you can use RCBS reloading dies in a Lee press? I'm looking to start reloading 270 and 38spl (currently I only do 308 and 30-06) but the Lee dies don't seem to be of as good of quality as the RCBS dies. This is probably a simple question, just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with it and if it would cause any unforeseen issues
I would assume so. I have used Lee, RCBS and Lyman dies in my RCBS press.

And no, the Lee dies aren't as good of quality or finish as some of the others.

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Yes they will fit....as far as quality goes thats debatable.
I only use RCBS but I know some folks that love Lee dies.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
As long as the threads are the same then you are fine.
there are Dillion SDB, old lyman ad others that use a 3/4" thread or different but for current lee, rcbs, lyman, ...... They are fine.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They will interchange as has been said. There are a couple or so brands that are different, but not seen very often. Although I use several different brands, my most common are Lee sets which I actually prefer.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I have Lee, Lyman, Herters, RCBS, Hornady and Pacific and they are all threaded 3/4-14 tpi and fit the Herters turret press Dad bought when I was about 10 in late 60's.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Yes reloading dies from different manufacturers can be used in other manufacturers presses. I use RCBS and Hornady in my Lee presses. I also use Hornady and Lee dies in my rockchucker.

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
When I read the title of this thread, I thought another one of those rapper fellas with a stupid name had passed away.
My bad, carry on! :eek: