No babies!

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have many deer visit my backyard and the 20 acres around the corner. While I have not put a cam out yet, there are no fawn tracks. I've also been keeping my eye out for hens and have seen three in the last 2 days with no poults. I also have many coyotes in the area and think they aren't hunted enough in this part of my county. Im in west Forsyth.
I'll add that I saw coyotes cruising the fields during the day a few weeks ago. My assumption is they were looking for dropped fawns as the timing was right.

Last edited:

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
I started trapping last year and have saw a huge amount of both this year. Im in northern davidson and believe i made a big difference in the surival rate of fawns and poults.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BBC

Six Pointer
We have trapped the last 3 years on our lease in Anson and have seen dramatic improvement in survival rates of fawns. Still hear the yotes every night though.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm seeing fawn tracks, also our rabbit population has exploded. 1st of the month when the wife & were broadcasting the plot, had 7-8 rabbits chasing each other around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I have deer in the field across from my house for the first time in years. Two with spots out there, with 3 to 4 adults. The nieghbors will clean em all out with the dogs on day 1 I'm sure.