Firearm Training

Capefearhunter

Button Buck
I have hunted since I was 6 years old. I own plenty of long guns and pistols and I shoot fairly often, high and low house and some trap. I have a concealed carry permit and always have a pistol in my vehicle and by my bedside. Plenty of shooting cans on the weekends. I am no stranger to guns and gun safety. What I don't have is any real world training. I am not talking about special forces type training, I am talking about learning to safely carry daily and how to react in given situations such as a hold up or an attempted car jacking etc. I have never even tried shooting a pistol from behind cover. I want to be able to protect my wife and kids or anyone that might need help if I am around and armed. Does anyone know of an organization that offers this type of training? I live in Sampson County so driving to Fayetteville, Raleigh or Wilmington would not be too far to travel. Thanks.

Bryan H.

Button Buck
You could join the military, lol.

Jokes aside, you are probably a little bit better off than the average guy that didn't grow up shooting, or doesn't shoot regularly.

Be wary of every self professed expert, could be a dirtbag thst got kicked out of the Army, trying to make a living at the range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Will send yo a PM with cell # for 2 deputies in your county that have a good reputation for advanced training. They will require a minimum number of participants.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have hunted since I was 6 years old. I own plenty of long guns and pistols and I shoot fairly often, high and low house and some trap. I have a concealed carry permit and always have a pistol in my vehicle and by my bedside. Plenty of shooting cans on the weekends. I am no stranger to guns and gun safety. What I don't have is any real world training. I am not talking about special forces type training, I am talking about learning to safely carry daily and how to react in given situations such as a hold up or an attempted car jacking etc. I have never even tried shooting a pistol from behind cover. I want to be able to protect my wife and kids or anyone that might need help if I am around and armed. Does anyone know of an organization that offers this type of training? I live in Sampson County so driving to Fayetteville, Raleigh or Wilmington would not be too far to travel. Thanks.

I *strongly* recommend David Bramble at

http://shoot2live.com/

His classes are interesting and shooting intensive.

pdub

Twelve Pointer

I have had some of the same thoughts but just have not made the time. I had a friend that was going to work with me but had major health issues that prevented it. Keep us up to date on what you decide and if it is closer and reasonable I may join you.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Look up The Range Complex in Autryville. They offer a lot of classes and are taught but ex Delta, fbi, Homeland Security, etc. I've never taken one of their classes but they are really nice people and have a strong reputation.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Capefearhunter

Button Buck
Look up The Range Complex in Autryville. They offer a lot of classes and are taught but ex Delta, fbi, Homeland Security, etc. I've never taken one of their classes but they are really nice people and have a strong reputation.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will check them out.