Canadian Sniper Kill on ISIS over 2 MILES!!

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I believe the curvature of the earth is yet another significant variable at that distance. Wow.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Over 2 miles...that is 10560 feet. How do they figure taking 10 seconds between shot and kill? A bullet traveling 2640 fps takes 2 seconds to travel a mile and 4.0 seconds to travel 2 miles. At 10 seconds, that is speed of 22 Lr. Maby I am missing something.

Markfromflorida

Eight Pointer
Over 2 miles...that is 10560 feet. How do they figure taking 10 seconds between shot and kill? A bullet traveling 2640 fps takes 2 seconds to travel a mile and 4.0 seconds to travel 2 miles. At 10 seconds, that is speed of 22 Lr. Maby I am missing something.

Bullet slows down due to resistance of air. Doesn't maintain muzzle velocity.

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is an amazing accomplishment. I kind of doubt that there was any lobbing going on. One of these 750 grain 'bombs' comes in near by and the chance of tipping off the enemy go way up. Pure Speculation of course.

What I do suspect from hints and allusions is that this team had access to and utilized some of the most sophisticated and state-of-the-art equipment in existence. With video confirmation, maybe a second observation team, a high rise building for a nest and the statements of secrecy, I suspect that this was a highly instrumented and choreographed affair with many people involved possibly with an underlying goal of establishing a record. Their certainly seems no lack of proof about the accomplishment which would support this. This would take a substantial amount of effort and require a rare location to pull this off and for that alone they would not be walking in their rounds. They no doubt pulled off an incredible accomplishment but I do tend to believe personally that this was in essence the result of a State sponsored field located laboratory type effort....which if it is is pretty darn cool!