Found a golf ball in a nest

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
People that dont like birds do that also

They take an egg, add a GB.
to the point it is all balls in the nest. Used to cut down on parking lot birds.
If you just remove the eggs they will lay more. If they dont know they are gone then they do nothing but sit and wait.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
She potentially built the nest where the golf ball was. I know they will pull whatever looks like an egg under them when they are broody.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
In this case I think she either put it there or she built around it. I am pretty sure nobody put it there. Course manager wanted to know where it was so he could safeguard it. Found it right after NCWRC manager played through. Sent it to him and he responded with surprise. I actually removed the golf ball. I guess I could have left it. I thought I was doing a good deed.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
How would that help you catch a snake? Other then I imagine you end up with a constipated snake.
Kills them, they can't pass them. I have them in my chicken nests as nest eggs. If one turns up missing I can count on smelling a stinking snake in a few days, usually over in my barn. Most times to the flies and maggots get through with them if they are where I can get to them in about a month I recycle the balls. LOL

Last edited:

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
How would that help you catch a snake? Other then I imagine you end up with a constipated snake.

Also they have a hard time getting out of chicken wire with the golf ball in there. I've caught them with golfball halfway down and drove them somewhere else. And yes a broody hen will sit on anything that looks like an egg.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
People that dont like birds do that also

They take an egg, add a GB.
to the point it is all balls in the nest. Used to cut down on parking lot birds.
If you just remove the eggs they will lay more. If they dont know they are gone then they do nothing but sit and wait.

better way and the one preferred by wildlife people is to put corn oil on the eggs...they won't hatch and the birds keep sitting on em.