Care to age this buck

1gonewrong

Six Pointer
MFDC0034.jpg

This deer appears to be malnourished but is not. He is on a 400 acre farm with lots of food. Last year his left antler was about 12 inches higher than the right antler and had 7 points on it. His physical appearance was the same last year.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
Looks like the back bone is drooping and a fairly good belly and not much meat on the hips, I'll guess an old deer, 5 or 6 years old.

1gonewrong

Six Pointer
I have searched several hundred pictures and don't have a picture from last year but I did see this buck twice while hunting. Three of us have been hunting this 400 acre farm several years and last year was the first time he had been seen and he looked old and poor then just like now. His left antler looked more like a small elk antler than a deer antler and was very tall. The right antler looked normal.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Very hard to age deer in the summer.
I do agree he has some birthdays on him though.

sent from...... Tapatalk

I have searched several hundred pictures and don't have a picture from last year but I did see this buck twice while hunting. Three of us have been hunting this 400 acre farm several years and last year was the first time he had been seen and he looked old and poor then just like now. His left antler looked more like a small elk antler than a deer antler and was very tall. The right antler looked normal.

Ok...I had a deer on camera last yr that looked familiar body wise early , but by mid season he filled out nicely but was a younger deer ..just wanted to see other pics to compare if you had them..