A few knives I been workin on.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Finally took the plunge and decided to buy some serious knife making equipment. Wife is mad but you know what they say; "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission". Anyway, bought a 2x72 Pheer grinder along with a new propane forge, a Tippman Boss leather stitcher and a bunch of steel in 1084, 1095, O1, and my new favorite A2. Spent the last 2 days getting familiar with my new equipment. Hope you like.

A hunter and skinner.
image_zpsyb4ss3ce.jpg

Utility knife
image_zpsfe6cehxf.jpg

10 1/2" Hunter/camper
image_zpsngbwglet.jpg

Small skinner in Bloodwood with micarta pins, micarta thong hole tube, black liners and it's SCARY SHARP!
image_zps0hsod3fl.jpg

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Really like that last one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, it's my favorite of the group also. Something about those curves. It really feels great in the hand and I finished it first because, well, hunting! I thought the Bloodwood scales would be appropriate for a skinner.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Thanks all, I been making knives for 8 years but never sold one, just gave them away to family and friends. I've had a few questions thrown my way via pm so ill answer a few here. Prices start in the $150 ballpark with a tooled and dyed leather sheath (9 oz. leather). Price depends on style, size and most importantly the type of steel used. I heat treat most carbon steel in-house but A2, D2 and stainless I send out for heat treat. I prefer A2 as an all around steel for most outdoor knives. They are tough, hold an edge and corrosion resistant. Any questions, feel free to ask. The Skinner above is for sale @ $165 with a leather sheath. I'm working on my website and FB page and both will be ready by Monday. I can do custom combos at a discount for father and son and also have some nice and rare pink ivory and purple heart for the ladies if thst like.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Pretty work, and it will only get better now that you have some good equipment for knife making..