NC sheriff comes out against constitutional carry

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Henderson County sheriff was interviewed on the local tv news.

Says he is NRA member but constitutional carry is a bad idea in his opinion.

I'll take a stab and guess the NC Sheriffs Association gets this squashed.

Jody/NC

There is a few NC sheriffs against this.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Henderson county approves CC permits in a fairly reasonable time and he is getting lots of applications. I am betting it has to do more with the stream of money coming in.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Henderson County sheriff was interviewed on the local tv news.

Says he is NRA member but constitutional carry is a bad idea in his opinion.

I'll take a stab and guess the NC Sheriffs Association gets this squashed.

As he usually does, Googleboy picks & chooses his words in order to stir up controversy! :mad:

Henderson County Sheriff Charles McDonald has always supported 2A dating back to when he was a deputy sheriff. He was one of the county sheriffs who stood up to Obama's attempted gun grabs for 8 years.

If Googleboy had bothered to use Google to check, he would find numerous instances of McDonald's support.

Here is one.......

http://constitutionclub.ning.com/fo...iff-s-honor-roll?id=6585610:Topic:6156&page=3

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Living in the county he has done a great job. He has been very transparent from what I can tell and very active in the community. He got my vote last election and will get it again in the next one.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2017...-barnes-concealed-carry/#sthash.5XC6GQpp.dpbs

Guilford County sheriff on concealed carry. Another Republican sheriff against constitutional carry

But the other part of it is, if you have someone who runs into a convenience store to rob it and you have a bunch of people carrying concealed… no one knows who else is carrying. Maybe someone who is carrying doesn’t realize an officer is already there – maybe he’s plainclothes – and they start shooting. They shoot the person committing the crime, but the officer pulls his gun and they shoot him too. It’s dangerous for everyone. Again, you don’t have the training you need to be in that situation where you’re carrying concealed.

Last edited:

Doc

Twelve Pointer
Living in the county he has done a great job. He has been very transparent from what I can tell and very active in the community. He got my vote last election and will get it again in the next one.

A lot of locals also don't like him. I don't think he'll win the next election.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Yep just like wake county.
He is anti gun.

He is not a true NRA member.
He joined for support then trashes gun rights.

Leave it to CRC to give us a one sided story spoken in innuendo. Sheriff McDonald is ABSOLUTELY NOT anti-gun and has been one of the biggest proponents of gun ownership and gun rights. Take this article after the Sandy Hook shootings for example:

http://www.blueridgenow.com/news/20130116/sheriff-more-gun-laws-wont-change-criminals

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
A lot of locals also don't like him. I don't think he'll win the next election.

Many do and many don't for different reasons. The ones who don't are usually the most vocal. They don't like that the county commissioners gave him $20m for a training facility. They don't like his budget. They don't like that he gets rid of deputies who don't meet his standards or stand with him. So on and so forth. It's all politics.

I'm not going to say whether I do or don't support him but I will say he has big donors and a high profile support network in this county. It wouldn't shock me at all if he wins again.

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Leave it to CRC to give us a one sided story spoken in innuendo.

Nothing one sided about what I said.

He was interviewed on News 13 WLOS last evening and said although he was an NRA member he opposed carry without a permit.

I guess the news media had to find a Republican sheriff opposed to HB 746

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

He was interviewed on News 13 WLOS last evening and said although he was an NRA member he opposed carry without a permit.

Doesn't make him a Mike Bloombeg acolyte or does it?
Nope, just makes you a sensationalist, as usual.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Henderson county approves CC permits in a fairly reasonable time and he is getting lots of applications.

Charlie is actually one of the more strict permit approvers in the area. He's been on record stating that he will not limit the rights of law abiding citizens but those who are constantly in trouble, he will deal with. He once stated in an article: "Maybe you’re the guy in the neighborhood who is constantly getting drunk and beating up his wife, and maybe you haven’t been convicted in court. But we know." Essentially, he says he researches and denies permits for things that extend beyond a background check.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

He probably said a lot more as well and gave some reasoning but you didn't post any of that either. Just like you didn't post the interview nor his background to make sure that people knew he's never had an anti-gun stance.

You wanted a debate so you gave this board ill-defined hot take that they could run with. That is sensationalism.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well he only had room to go up seeing the former Sherriff had a lady on the side then got a bout of amnesia when it came out, LOL.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
He probably said a lot more as well and gave some reasoning but you didn't post any of that either. Just like you didn't post the interview nor his background to make sure that people knew he's never had an anti-gun stance.

You wanted a debate so you gave this board ill-defined hot take that they could run with. That is sensationalism.

I posted his stance as an FYI.

As an aside Rep Chuck McGrady, Republican, also of Henderson County voted against HB 746

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Wayne Co sheriff worried enacting constitutional carry would cut revenue for the department.

“I still think they need a safety class prior to being able to carry a handgun in public,” said Pierce.

He’s also afraid the bill would take away the funding they receive from permits.

While the county would still offer concealed carry permits, Pierce is unsure if people would go through the process and pay the fee if they didn’t have to.

HB746 is being discussed in the Senate.

http://wncn.com/2017/06/19/wayne-county-sheriff-expresses-concerns-about-concealed-carry-bill/

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I posted his stance as an FYI.

As an aside Rep Chuck McGrady, Republican, also of Henderson County voted against HB 746

Cody Henson represents the 113th in Henderson County. You didn't post his stance. Why, Mr. Sensationalist?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I may be the odd man out,,,,but "well regulated" to me means "well trained",,,,,,,,,that goes with any firearm, not just concealed carry,,,,,,

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Enough of the goddamn nitpicking. When I get home I am putting turkey, catfisher and crc on mutual forced ignore.

Last edited:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
If there is any sniping or interaction between you after that vacations will be given out. I have had enough of this constant childish bickering.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Enough of the goddamn nitpicking. When I get home I am putting turkey, catfisher and crc on mutual forced ignore.

Actually, I do not consider it "nitpicking" when I reply (with facts) to his innuendo & purposeful discrediting of a well respected LEO!!

Apparently several others on here agreed with me!!

But, you're the boss so make yourself happy!!

EDIT: PS- I wasn't aware we could say "goddamn" on here!!

Last edited:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It's not just one disagreement. It's a pattern. It's constant and ongoing. Its as close to a vendetta as I've seen on here. I can set my watch by how long it takes one of you to lodge a snarky comment no matter what he posts. Further, we have received several complaints from other users about it and the whole thing has gotten tiring. So we will see how things go with mutual ignore.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's not just one disagreement. It's a pattern. It's constant and ongoing. Its as close to a vendetta as I've seen on here. I can set my watch by how long it takes one of you to lodge a snarky comment no matter what he posts. Further, we have received several complaints from other users about it and the whole thing has gotten tiring. So we will see how things go with mutual ignore.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Actually, it's been about a month since I replied to anything he said.........but if that's constant & ongoing then we have different interpretations!!

Naw, I won't miss seeing his posts so I can live with the humiliation!!!!! :taz: