poults..... anyone seeing any

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Saw these today near my house. Appeared to be 2 groups. One set of poults were much larger, and had feathers while the other group was smaller and still fuzzy. The smaller ones are on the left and bigger ones on the right. Cabarrus Co.
b78eded997dfc09dde511fb0cffa07f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Haven't been out in while to see but earlier this summer saw 11 hens only 1 had poults 6 of them all other hens were in groups 2-3 each this was mostly Wilkes co

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Seen three poults today near the house,,,,two were males,,,,,glad to see replacements for the two I killed this spring,,,

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
3 more hens today with 10 or 11 poults between them...one hen was a pretty smoky gray color.

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
I only have 1 gobbler left from last season on camera. No hens or poults. I have seen hens in other areas with up to 6 poults which were big poults. Looks like a good hatch.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
7 poults 5 hens Rockingham county

Attachments

• FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

aaronmdln1

Six Pointer
Rockingham Co sure is putting out alotta birds now days.. Not sure if its number of hunters or what but they doing something right up there.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
First poult sighting this morning. Took three drive byes but I believe it was 3 hens & 12 poults.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i saw many hens this past weekend around beuafort/adams creek and never saw a small turkey.
they probably didnt raise this year as they are so over populated there. :)

any small roadside opening had turkeys.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Saw a hen with a few poults this morning that couldn't be more than a month old. So she started sitting late June/early July.