pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sure. At the end of the year... which doesn't help at the moment. Lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I find it very difficult to believe that many modules have issues at one time. Sounds like you have some CAN communication issues and your tech was too lazy to properly identify the communication issue.Best guess is he loaded the parts cannon with any module that registered a fault just to cover his butt. One module or CAN line can bring down an entire network (if shorted) or cause all kinds of headaches if signals are missing.
See if you can find a good independent shop in Texas that is familiar with GM CAN systems and has the ability to flash program modules if needed.

The above is pure speculation as I have no idea what was actually checked.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My issue is time. I leave in less than 24 hours. So unfortunately I'm having to pay for convenience

Tough situation you're in. Hate it for you and wish you had a bit more time to allow for repairs. Dash issues can affect other things giving false diagnostics. My first step would be to correct known issue, then proceed. I understand your time problem though. Good luck.

Bobby!

Button Buck
I hope you don't go through with paying that. The most expensive part there minus the cluster is $170, and your cluster is probably fine. All 3 of those going out at the same time is highly unlikely. If you are 100% sure your battery connections are good, no corrosion or loose wires, then start replacing each of the modules 1 at a time. Get a haynes manual, and you could probably get it done tonight. Heck the PCM replacement video on youtube is only 2 minutes long, can't be that hard. Just you tube how to replace each one and knock it out. Less than $500 and you're back on the road.

2 Chevy Tahoes (04/05), and I've repaired just about everything on them minus inside the engine or transmission. No mech experience. Youtube, beer, and a little patience. Good luck!

Quick edit, my wife's Dodge Caravan did the exact same thing you said was happening, and it was the battery terminal connector. Not saying that is your issue, but if everything cuts out (ac, cluster, lights, etc,) and the car still runs it is probably battery related. Especially now that it won't start. Just my two cents

Last edited:

double

Twelve Pointer
I know you needed the truck right now but remember the people that hit you this hard. Very unlikely you needed all that to solve your problem. A service writer caught you in a week moment and knew. Get what you need and stay far away from that shop from now on.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I told them they were crazier than a :donk:donk:donk:donk house rat and left with my truck.

I'm just gonna drive it like it is and find somewhere in Texas to fix the problem.

I'm headed out now, y'all keep your fingers crossed that I don't get any speeding tickets...LOL!

Bobby!

Button Buck
Good call

I told them they were crazier than a :donk:donk:donk:donk house rat and left with my truck.

I'm just gonna drive it like it is and find somewhere in Texas to fix the problem.

I'm headed out now, y'all keep your fingers crossed that I don't get any speeding tickets...LOL!

Good call. If you have a smart phone you might consider downloading the Wayz app. It will not only show you where the police might be, it will also show you your current speed and it is pretty accurate. Good luck!

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Made it to west Texas today with no major issues. Immediately took the truck to a repair shop and he had it fixed within 3 hours.

Body control module was the problem. The ONLY problem. $480 and I was on my way, with all systems working.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
Fantastic! Glad you had a safe trip and were wise enough not to let the dealership take you for a chunk of change.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Made it to west Texas today with no major issues. Immediately took the truck to a repair shop and he had it fixed within 3 hours.

Body control module was the problem. The ONLY problem. $480 and I was on my way, with all systems working.

Glad you got it taken care of without the costs involved from your local source...

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
No wonder people call the dealerships stealerships darn 5k for repairs? Dang I would have hit the ceiling and left that place for sure..They saw lots of money with your truck, glad you left that money hungry bunch and got it fixed elsewhere, you surely saved yourself a bundle...Just imagine how many folks they hook that don't know any better, especially women...