Concrete/Mechanic guys???

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
So my 17 YO daughter got a car. A VW bug....Had an oil leak which was fixed. And like a typical 17 YO, she didn't listen to her dad. The oil that had leaked before the fix was all over the engine. I told her to park on cardboard for a few weeks. Didn't listen so now the ex-wife's new driveway has oil stains all over it....

Anyone know how to clean off the oil stains? The Ex is pissed, and my daughter is in the doghouse......

I know they sell some stuff at Lowe's, but can't remember what it is....

Not concerned with the Ex, just want to bail out my kid.... (and I know, I should let my daughter handle it) but I am trying to be amicable with her mom...

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ive never seen anything that fixes it.
Best i have ever done is degrease the concrete and wash it multiple times. Let the defreaser work for a while, brush it, spray it, repeat. It wont make it perfect, but it does better than anything i have found.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Id try mean grean, purple power....any of those types of degreasers before acid. Acid will eat the concrete. I think the degreaser and pressure washer could do fine....especially if you had hot water.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Swing by your local dealership and see if they'll give you a small bottle or bag of the stuff they use to clean the floors in the shop. Probably gonna be your best bet.

Oooorrrrrrrrrrr....ya could change the oil in everything you own, and stain the rest of her driveway to match....;):);)

Bass-n-Deer-416

Four Pointer
"Id try mean grean, purple power....any of those types of degreasers before acid. Acid will eat the concrete. I think the degreaser and pressure washer could do fine....especially if you had hot water."

This! 👆🏼 Pretty much any degreaser (found at your local parts store) and some scrubbin should take care of most of it, still gonna be a little stain there though.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Swing by your local dealership and see if they'll give you a small bottle or bag of the stuff they use to clean the floors in the shop. Probably gonna be your best bet.

Oooorrrrrrrrrrr....ya could change the oil in everything you own, and stain the rest of her driveway to match....;):);)

Yeah, she has a butt hole attorney to put it nicely.....That wouldn't work....