Heads Up.....Handguns May Be Available

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Just got word that the GCSD is swapping out their S&W M&P's .45's for Glock 9's. I will keep you posted if I get more info. My friend with the department said they can buy them for $375....There are over 100 officers, and a lot of them can't afford (crappy pay) to buy their weapon, so they may be available.....I will let you guys know what I hear....

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
They will all be traded in for those that do not buy them.
Pending the place they deal with, they may never make it to a loca vendor or for sale.

Chances are vendors will take as trade and sell to larger dealer or wholesale house.

Last edited:

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Just got word that the GCSD is swapping out their S&W M&P's .45's for Glock 9's. I will keep you posted if I get more info. My friend with the department said they can buy them for $375....There are over 100 officers, and a lot of them can't afford (crappy pay) to buy their weapon, so they may be available.....I will let you guys know what I hear....

Saw Bud's last summer had one lot of unissued M&P 40 full size with night sights stamped with Alamance County, NC for like $350.
Maybe where some of these end up?

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
She's happy to go to the Glock, but on the fence about going from a .45 to a 9MM. As a K9 officer, this deputy has developed some arthritis, so the lighter weapon should help. And this deputy HATES the S&W.....

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Has she shot a glock? IMO a glock is too big for my hands so unless she has man hands she won't like it either. Now, I didn't say I had woman hands.:p

ridenismo

Six Pointer
I have a glock 17 courtesy of the jacksonville PD that they traded in in my night stand as we speak. price was beyond right.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
She had a Glock before. Our government at its best....Let's change stuff and spend a bunch of money in the interim.......And then change it back.....