Whew! Stir crazy!

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Had knee surgery last Tuesday. Left knee cartilage transplant and tibial re-alignment. Been rough the last few days!! Got 5 more weeks no weight whatsoever on my leg then 8 weeks to get back full strength!! Nothing like losing a lot of weight and feeling the best you've ever felt, then jumping out of my truck and being painfully reminded I'm not as young as I once was. Haha. Surgeon said I had 3cm of bone on bone. Trying to be glass half full and realize it won't hurt like this for long, but holy moly, this thing hurtin like heck!!! Just hope I don't go stir crazy sitting in this house!! Haha

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
It's going to suck for a while, but the doctor said zero weight for a reason. Stay off that knee as much as possible for as long as he says. Good luck on a speedy recovery.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, it was 90 days with no weight bearing for me when I broke my pelvis. Sucked big time but I listened and complied. No regrets now either as it healed great and is zero problem now.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Man, I hope you have netflix!!! Do NOT discount the DR's orders! They don't tell you details just to fill a folder.

If there is a professional certification you've been thinking about, I'd consider studying right now.

If you have a patent you've been thinking about, consider that.

If you enjoy watching grass grow, this is your lucky year lol.

Otherwise, Think LONG TERM. If you foul this recovery up, you'll have to do it ALL over again, and at a later stage in life.

I also tried to jump vertically last week, about 12 inches to grab something because I was too lazy to walk 30 feet to get a 4 foot ladder. I thought I was gonna have to call 911 lol.

Ain't no heroes on the "how did you hurt yourself" ward of the hospital ;)

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Hope your healing goes well. My wife had a dialysis catheter installed into her abdomen last Tuesday; four holes and lots of pain and swelling so I've been her caretaker ever since. Did get out for a few hours today so I could hang out with my cronies at the local airport, but it's back on duty now. I just wish I could take on some of her pain which she doesn't handle well, but will just have to make her as comfortable as possible until things improve.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Man, I hope you have netflix!!! Do NOT discount the DR's orders! They don't tell you details just to fill a folder.

If there is a professional certification you've been thinking about, I'd consider studying right now.

If you have a patent you've been thinking about, consider that.

If you enjoy watching grass grow, this is your lucky year lol.

Otherwise, Think LONG TERM. If you foul this recovery up, you'll have to do it ALL over again, and at a later stage in life.

I also tried to jump vertically last week, about 12 inches to grab something because I was too lazy to walk 30 feet to get a 4 foot ladder. I thought I was gonna have to call 911 lol.

Ain't no heroes on the "how did you hurt yourself" ward of the hospital ;)

Yeah, my dr told me if I fall, he'd rather me fall on my face than risk putting any weight on that leg. I trust him with whatever, so I'm not doing anything that may risk my recovery. Guys have just started building our pasture and we bought a Kawasaki mule 3 weeks ago. It's pulled into garage so I can easily get in it. May have to go out at some point and check on the pasture building. I have crutches and a walker but I trust myself more not falling using the walker. I have an ice machine hooked up when I'm sitting. This thing is the shiznit. It's like a 6 pack cooler that u put ice and water in. It's got a pump in the lid that has hoses leading to a pad that covers injured area, similar to a heating pad. The pad has veins in it. When you turn it on, it circulates the ice water through the veins in the pad. It's freaking awesome.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It could always be worse; this could have happened the day before deer season opened! :eek:

Best of luck on your recovery.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
Good luck on your recovery. I broke an ankle and had to have some screws put in a while back, I was sitting around the house with nothing to do
but watch TV or look at the computer or stare out the window, you'll get bored but hang in there. Hopefully you'll be healed up in time for deer season!

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Well wishes for a seamless recovery. Good to hear you're going to DO what the doctor ordered. I followed my doctors orders to a T with my back surgery and I'm still stiff as a board, but was told that's just part of the deal... this getting old sucks!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Good luck.

Wife had about the same thing but took 4 times to complete and get everything done.

Last was just to pull the screws out.
Took time but all is better now.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Know the feeling ,had major back surgery on dec 6th. Six disks removed and a lot of reconstructive work done including long rods and 12 screws and plates into my vertebra was in the house for six months and 3months of sedentary work at work, feel your pain brother.