Xbow scope?

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
I have a daughter that isn't strong enough to pull a legal bow, and doesn't like recoil/sound from guns. She has killed a few deer with a xbow at close range but when practicing at 30+yds she becomes very erratic. Testing out the setup myself, I find a huge amount of parallax in the red-dot scope that was on the xbow when I bought it. I suspect this may be the reason for the inaccuracy at longer ranges. So I am thinking about switching to a low-power fixed scope (2x maybe) and I am looking for suggestions or additional thoughts?

Thanks,
Johnnie

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I have a daughter that isn't strong enough to pull a legal bow, and doesn't like recoil/sound from guns. She has killed a few deer with a xbow at close range but when practicing at 30+yds she becomes very erratic. Testing out the setup myself, I find a huge amount of parallax in the red-dot scope that was on the xbow when I bought it. I suspect this may be the reason for the inaccuracy at longer ranges. So I am thinking about switching to a low-power fixed scope (2x maybe) and I am looking for suggestions or additional thoughts?

Thanks,
Johnnie

i put a cheap nikon on mine after the original factory xcali lost to a rain storm. it works just fine so far.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I would suggest a variable scope (speed dial) since impossible for the subtensions on a fixed scope to be accurate on a big range of speeds for different crossbows.... vortex and hawke both make a quality crossbow scope.... so does Nikon and Leupold. Remember these packages usually have crap optics to save on costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lbksmom

Banned
I would recommend the ten point 3x power view on line $200.00 shipped to you. I have one on my ten point for 10 years now, kids from 7 to 18 have shot deer, turkey out to 40 yards easily. Made for cross bows that shoot over 300 fps has the 20, 30, 40 yard reticle plus red or green lighted also. I highly recommend this scope. Good luck!

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Have Nikon Bolt on my PSE Fang. Dead on out to 60 and have had ZERO issues out of it.

Think it was $120 on sale at Dicks and I used some of their coupons for better price...

Last edited:

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
Thanks for all of the input folks. Looks like some research on my part to find my right fit.

Johnnie

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks for all of the input folks. Looks like some research on my part to find my right fit.

Johnnie

Another option is using a HHA optimizer mount, then you can use what ever rifle scope you want. Have a spare Leupold vx-3 3-9x50 on one of our xbows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
I bought a Hawke XB1 a few weeks ago & sighted it in today. I was very impressed. I have a tight place that I hunt where a firearm isn't as safe as I'd like it to be, but the original scope on my Xbox didn't go past 50 yds. In this stand, most of my shots are 30-65 yards so I figured if I could get a better scope, the bow would have enough power to still get a clean kill. I sighted the scope in per the instructions & here was my first shot at 70 yards. I was sitting in the bed of my pickup with the bow resting on top of the bed rail, no vise, no bag & yes, I was aiming for the top circle on the block. Needless to say, my initial impression of this scope is two thumbs up.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: