7.5 or 8' 300 blk out anybody have one?

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
7.5'' or 8'' 300 blk out anybody have one?

How they shoot? Seeing so many AR pistol builds up for sale makes me wonder if their a bad choice?

Last edited:

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you want an AR pistol then in my opinion the 300blk is the best choice out there. I have a carbine but you can get decent velocity with the supersonic loads in the 300 blk with the shorter barrel and if you have a can then the subsonic is just plain fun.

gpduxbak

Six Pointer
I have a 9" SBR just finished up building. I went with 9" because supposedly the load is designed to completely burn its powder in 9".

ridenismo

Six Pointer
I have an 8.5" gun, it is a fun gun for plinking, does alright on coyotes, hell for anybody who kicks in my door kinda gun. Ive been less than impressed with its results on deer but thats primarily due to bullet choice.

That being said with the 8.5" barrel and a 9x40 scope i was able to shoot a 4 inch group with 12x grain supers in the gun, i cant/wont complain.

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
I have the a 7.5" barrel, Spikes tactical calico jack lower, and Vltor Upper.. Still compiling the rest of the parts! Going to put an SBPDW brace stock on it. Still cant decide how I want to do my handguard though. AKA not sure if I want to get a bigger inside diameter handguard that will cover up half or so of the suppressor, or leave the muzzle end exposed and go with a slim low profile handguard.