Jeep Liberty Help

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My son has a 2006 Jeep Liberty and has been told that the fuel pump is bad. It is at a place that sells cars and also works on them. This place is not close by me but is in Greenville NC. They told him is was going to cost about 575.00 to replace the fuel pump. Does anyone have any thoughts on that price. I looked up the part and it doesn't seem that high. I assume the cost would be in the labor for dropping the tank. Any thoughts.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Call a dealer and ask to compare and if out if line have it towed.
also dealers give warranty on it like a 2 year 24k for the most part.
Small shops not.

Several of the small cars you remove the rear seat and get to the cap with the pump.
Most frame type still need to remove the tank.

I did my 96 ram and 89 k5
Both took about 1 to 1.5 hrs to drop tank, work on and pull and replace the pump.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Make sure it is not a fuse or a relay they are common items also for the pump.

Last edited:

tarheelshooter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Price sounds about right to me depending on the quality of pump they use. If it includes the diagnostic charge then it's a really good price.

If they were thorough in their diagnosis,then the fuse or relay should already be ruled out. I always want to know if it was "just a fuse"............what the hell made the fuse blow?

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
My son was stranded at school and my mechanic recommended University Auto Care because they did his daughter right when she had problems. I was pleased with the outcome.