Surf City Vacation mid-August --- Charter Recommendations?

Sfy03

Six Pointer
Contributor
Anyone have any recommendations for boats/Captains in the Surf City (and surrounding areas of course - 30min drive)? Will be on vacation with the Family in mid-August and want to book a trip with my wife, brother & father-in-law (4 people).
Thanks for the info.

Sfy03

Six Pointer
Contributor
What kind of trip are you looking for?

"Catch" fish. Whatever is available.
We are recreational fishers (originally from FL) took a nice inshore out of Morehead last year, didn't catch much but it was a good time.
Looking for a half day or maybe 3/4 day.
Honestly, no preference on specific fish, or location, just looking to be put on some fish if they are biting.

624c

Six Pointer
I know there are more options out of carolina beach and wrightsville beach. That is about 40 mins away depending on the traffic.

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
Check out Capt Ernie James with necessity charters out of sneads ferry. Great Captain and will do everything that he can to get you on fish.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
bought my last truck from him, good guy. My buddy is working on the lady liza in WB they have been having a good season so far. Drew is a great guy, you'll have fun. I'm hoping I will be set up to run a few charters at some point in the future.

The white F250?

If you haven't ever been offshore with him you should make it happen. He was mentored by Capt. Butch of Yeah Right Charters and he knows more about fishing than lots of old timers.

silverado9306

Button Buck
Keep us updated on what you do, I'm going to be down there in Sept would was thinking about a trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
carolinasoffshorefishing.com

910934 2628

Captain John, can put you on some fish. Specializes in Offshore Bottom Fish. Located in the Sneads Ferry area.