FWIW Turkey $ Turkey hunting magazine

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Kinda late I know but apparently they published two issues this spring. I saw the second issue still on a magazine rack ta books a million.

Glad they are getting back in the game. This issue was a lot more interesting, more how to versus equipment.

also good to see fresh experts being quoted.

my favorite is the cat that walks up on them and kills them versus sitting and calling.

i actually know of a local younger hunter who does that as well. uses trees as cover and and walks to them and kills them standing.

anyway some old mags giving some new info and publishing again on my favorite subject. Thought i would share.

be on the lookout next late winter/spring.

Last edited:

old school

Six Pointer
Just getting into turkey hunting and I have read those two issues cover to cover at least three times each!!! Seeing what I have been missing after all these years!

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Kinda late I know but apparently they published two issues this spring. I saw the second issue still on a magazine rack ta books a million.

Glad they are getting back in the game. This issue was a lot more interesting, more how to versus equipment.

also good to see fresh experts being quoted.

my favorite is the cat that walks up on them and kills them versus sitting and calling.

i actually know of a local younger hunter who does that as well. uses trees as cover and and walks to them and kills them standing.

anyway some old mags giving some new info and publishing again on my favorite subject. Thought i would share.

be on the lookout next late winter/spring.
Wow,I was under the impression they were only publishing one magazine this year. Of course I haven't read the article, but I know a guy who is dangerous on turkeys anywhere he goes that kills the majority of his turkeys standing up. Hunting those palmettos in South Florida it's sometimes the only way to hunt them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
the guy in the article is MIKE MILLER THE TURKEY KILLER. In on 60 kills a season. he is almost as good as Catman. :)

Miller is from MO and his real job is camera man for a deer show.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Wow,I was under the impression they were only publishing one magazine this year. Of course I haven't read the article, but I know a guy who is dangerous on turkeys anywhere he goes that kills the majority of his turkeys standing up. Hunting those palmettos in South Florida it's sometimes the only way to hunt them.

i was surprised as well but glad to see they had two.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
the guy in the article is MIKE MILLER THE TURKEY KILLER. In on 60 kills a season. he is almost as good as Catman. :)

Miller is from MO and his real job is camera man for a deer show.
Yep, Mike is a killer. He runs camera for Buck Comandor and now has his own show called turkey commander. He has been with Hooks calls for a LONG time and designed a lot of their mouth calls. He goes by executioner on the turkey forums and his end of season post on old gobbler is legendary. I don't care for his show because they have gone to walking around behind a strutting decoy, but he kills them no matter what technique he uses. I have an old Hooks video that is basically him and Don Shipp going around the country killing and calling turkeys.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Yep, Mike is a killer. He runs camera for Buck Comandor and now has his own show called turkey commander. He has been with Hooks calls for a LONG time and designed a lot of their mouth calls. He goes by executioner on the turkey forums and his end of season post on old gobbler is legendary. I don't care for his show because they have gone to walking around behind a strutting decoy, but he kills them no matter what technique he uses. I have an old Hooks video that is basically him and Don Shipp going around the country killing and calling turkeys.

has he done his 2017 post yet on old gobbler?