Back Bay Virginia Blind Poll

How much is fair for a daily blind lease.

• 300.00 flat rate

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 350.00 100.00 deposit pending blind was left clean by proof of picture text

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 300.00 plus a 100.00 deposit pending blind was left clean by proof of picture text

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 250.00 plus a 100.00 deposit pending blind was left clean by proof of picture text

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Other: Please leave comment

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Mathews Archer

Six Pointer
Hypothetically speaking:
If someone owned a blind in Back Bay Virginia that was equipped with a boat hide for a 20' boat and big enough for 3 people and a dog, dog porch & ramp to be specific). How much would you pay for a day lease with you and your buddies.

Serious question, please no smart :donk response. Some of my buddies are saying 300.00 to 350.00 is fair. What would y'all say?

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
well for that price or less I can hire a guide and not have to deal with my boat or gear so for me there is really no appeal to lease a blind for a day. Even if I take 2 other guys a split it 100 each is a lot especially when I hunt up there anyway on public land for free. If it was a season long lease I would be more interested, you would have control over how the blind looked and when it got hunted. Short answer the convenience of the blind is maybe worth $75 for a day. I have no idea what the going rate is and I'm sure some people put more value in it than I do.

JD1107

I agree with wildlifer. You can pay $5 for the permit draw here and have just as good as luck shooting birds. For that kind of money I'd go with a guide.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
REALLY depends on the blind. If it is a really good blind You may be able to get $100. Considering the person would be supplying their own boat and supplies/decoys you wont get that much. Most blinds in back bay you would be lucky to get $20 a day. That place just isnt that good anymore, accept for a handful of good blinds.

Last edited:

skydog

I'm guessing you could get ~$2K for a season...if it's in a decent spot. But $300+/day would seem like a stretch. You would get some takers at that price, but not a ton of interest would be my guess.

And yea, like most 'public' spots in coastal VA and NC, BB is not what it used to be.

Jmac

I'll stick with the 2 properties in VA I picked up this year